Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 959 as the next bike, but since I commute to/from work for shifts which will see me starting up at 6am/midnight/3am at times, I want to find an exhaust option that helps it sound 'better' than the stock but doesn't make it any louder! Hardly the usual wish of a Ducati rider, but I need to make it something I can live with!

If it fits under the bike and gets ride of side pipes, all the better.

Any ideas/suggestions please?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
There isn't an exhaust made that is described like this "helps it sound 'better' than the stock but doesn't make it any louder!"
Sorry but you're on your own with this one!
ohh... don't forget - the 959 is a Race Bike for the street! Don't get it for commuting, get something else!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn't an exhaust made that is described like this "helps it sound 'better' than the stock but doesn't make it any louder!"
Sorry but you're on your own with this one!
ohh... don't forget - the 959 is a Race Bike for the street! Don't get it for commuting, get something else!
After 22 years on bikes, of all sorts, it is time to have a Panigale - but since I have an enduro as well, I can ONLY have 1 road bike (rules from the wife!). It won't be especially for commuting, but I want to be able to use it on more than just 'days off', as there just aren't enough of them in life!
I suspected that I would struggle with this mission, but if anyone knows of the after-market exhaust that increases the overall noise by the least amount, please share!

Ultimately, I know I will be pulling the trigger on a 959 but getting the right exhaust will just increase the amount I get to enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Again, because the Panigale 959 is a Race Bike, manufacturers don't make an exhaust that doesn't either 1: make it much louder to fool you into thinking it performs better than stock Or 2: makes it perform much better than stock and in conjunction makes it louder!

I still have the stock exhaust on mine - I'm told my bike is louder than another DROC members 959 Corse with aftermarket exhaust (don't recall which one). We attribute this to the age of the bikes.

Good luck with your journey!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea these are sexy Italian race bikes. Not rice rockets. They sound and perform with grace and perfection. Like Dingo said they are street legal race bikes. There is nothing to change these aspects. The stock will be as quite as it can be as they have as much packing in the cans for emissions and several cats and sensors. They can only be so loud for USA regulations same as track. The Panigale have an amazing sound it’s one of the most unique things besides the Desmo systems that many people and I love about these bikes. This may not be the bike for you. There not for everyone. I’m glad that I have a 959. I’m not so impressed with the v2 I love the L twin and the unique styling of these bikes. I wish you the best and happiness in what ever bike you choose in the end. There is a bike for everyone out there it’s just finding what you like. Test ride a few different ones to see what is best and go for it. Happy safe riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the advice. It’s definitely the bike for me, no doubt. I just wanted to ride it more than just on my days off, that’s all!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I appreciate the advice. It’s definitely the bike for me, no doubt. I just wanted to ride it more than just on my days off, that’s all!
Do you have noise restrictions where you live? You should be able to ride no matter what time. All countries should comply with regulations for stock Vehicles that you purchased. You shouldn’t need to modify your stock bike to make it quieter just to ride it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this isn’t the answer you’re looking for but you can cross the front exit termi off the list of possibilities. I have it on my 959 corse. It sounds incredible but it’s substantially louder than stock. Wouldn’t suggest that option if you’re going for quieter or even similar volume to stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts