Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After been lurking here for a while it is time to introduce myself, as stated in the topic title, i live both in the netherlands as in San diego, awaiting the approval for a work visum so i can move permanently to the states, more precise, north park San Diego where i have a house and my girlfriend.

I have ordered my 959 last week in NL after debating about the colour for weeks, i've decided to go for a red one. It will be my first ducati, should be delivered this week, mods ordered, akrapovic exhaust system, solo seat, FEK, and Ducati performance smoke screen. These will be applied by the dealer. And to make the bike more unique i have ordered a tricolore decall set, which will be applied by myself :)

Previous Bikes:
1996 CBR900RR
1999 Yamaha R6
2003 Suzuki 750GSXR
2004 Suzuki 750 GSXR
2005 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
2016 Ducati 959 Panigale >:)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the purchase also. I'm wondering why you didn't buy the bike here - could've saved some money most likely...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome, @Gimli! I'm with @Dingo on this one. And you could have opted for the underslung exhausts instead of the much less soulful and passionate (regarding sound alone, as heard in-person while in Italy) side pairing homologated for Euro 4.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like you're getting the underslung Akra (Evo, is it?), not the shotgun-style side Euro 4 Akra. Just saw the following from the pricing thread.

Bought in NL, which has some weird environmental taxes, and originally it had the very unatractive euro exhaust. Which will be stored in the garage together with the under side panels. The bike will be delivered with the akra system on it. Hoping delivery will be this week-end, under fairings are in back order.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome...
what part of NL you coming from ?
I only ask cause I've traveled there multiple times and love it there ....
Plus i believe its cheaper in EU

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Welcome! And congratulations on your purchase! I too struggled over the color choice. I ended up going with red. But I also appreciate the white. Since I'm in Seattle, we see too many white clouds already, so red is a nice change. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome...
what part of NL you coming from ?
I only ask cause I've traveled there multiple times and love it there ....
Plus i believe its cheaper in EU
I live in the gelderland region, with all the nice curvy and winding dyke roads :) pretty close to Utrecht and Amsterdam.

When the weather is nice its gorgeous here. Too bad weather mostly sucks here.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I live in the gelderland region, with all the nice curvy and winding dyke roads :) pretty close to Utrecht and Amsterdam.

When the weather is nice its gorgeous here. Too bad weather mostly sucks here.
I have to agree with that statement - it's beautiful when it's nice out.
I miss the Nederlands - Vlissingen to be exact, lived there for about 7 months - and the summer bashes that last a week :grin2: , like the one in Middelburg - and can't ever forget the Love Fest >:)
Monnikendam/Volendam and Makkum I also lived in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts