Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just purchased a new 2018 959 Panigale arctic white last Tuesday. This is my 3rd motorcycle, prior to this I owned a 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R. I finally am riding the 959, since it had a slight issue with a loose ground wire from the battery which kept causing it to shut off whenever I came to a stop riding home from the dealership. Then it would not start up again, so had to ship it back to the dealership and now it is fixed.

Overall, I have around 90 miles and it is great except for the heat under the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome @gideon201!

At the time I bought my 959, I was in between a '16 675R and the 959. What made you swap your 675R for a 959?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
@gideon201
Welcome to the forum.
I wouldn't worry too much about the heat under the seat. It will dissipate as you twist the throttle. >:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome @gideon201!

At the time I bought my 959, I was in between a '16 675R and the 959. What made you swap your 675R for a 959?
Thanks, I decided it was time to step it up a bit. I liked the stability and ride feel of the 675R, but the power was not there. Ducati has an image and I fell into it, haha. The styling of the 959 is fantastic, it has the power and the price point on the 959 was great. I think this bike will provide me with more than enough for quite a long time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
welcome to the forum! some good leather pants and a ducati comfort seat addressed the heat underneath the seat for me. I didn't need to go as far as the heat shielding that other members have done.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Thanks, I decided it was time to step it up a bit. I liked the stability and ride feel of the 675R, but the power was not there. Ducati has an image and I fell into it, haha. The styling of the 959 is fantastic, it has the power and the price point on the 959 was great. I think this bike will provide me with more than enough for quite a long time.

That's funny, I bought the 959 and then started looking at the 675R. Power wise, I think the 959 has a leg up on the 675R, handling and suspension wise I'd probably give the nod to the Trumpet. Different strokes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts