Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents!

So I finally have mine 959 in red color.
The intended use is 2-3 time a week commuting to work (30km from country house to City center, 50% through traffic jams - typically 25-30 min ride vs 80-100 min by car), and seldom track rides or streets weekends fun.

Previously had Z1000sx with upright position so first sportbike impressions were mixed. But after 1 day of riding I ended up loving the bike. Despite its still in slow mode (700km) I couldn't help taking it to a slow track to take some curves. Its marvelous and I will definitely continue the practice. Had some prior experience with my Z1000sx, so I joined the class of track beginners but after a couple of laps it became obvious I need to look for a more appropriate company.

One clear negative of 959 is how hot the bike is. I never had a Ducati before. And I read about it. And I heard 959 was better than its older brother. But gosh... in traffic it sometimes literally burns. Well, it's not always that hot in Moscow (~30c these days). Hopefully it will turn to an advantage when temperature drops to ~20c or below :)

On top of my agenda now:
Changing the lights, number plate holding and solving go-pro mounting task. Reading through the forum helps a lot, so glad to be with ya folks.

From Russia with love.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! Love that we have people from around the world here, it's truly amazing ! Congratulations on your purchase and hope to see some pictures soon ! Once that mod bug starts, it never ends as I'm sure you know, especially when you see what some of the members are upto ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts