Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow 959'ers....

Hope you guys are all well and Happy New Year.

Just yesterday I collected my 2019 959 yesterday, I purchased it from the dealer as a new bike with 0 km's.

Its also my first Ducati coming from a 2008 R6 that I sold back in 2018.

My first impressions of the bike are amazing, I can't get over how agile the bike is. The low down acceleration and that amazing sound..... granted I still have the stock shotgun exhaust but the bike still sounds so good.

I've installed a NRC tail tidy as well as the CNC crash protection. Right now I plan on enjoying the bike and completing the run in period without exceeding 7000rpm. I dont have any immediate plans to upgrade but I'm sure as the year goes on that will change.

Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey fellow 959'ers....

Hope you guys are all well and Happy New Year.

Just yesterday I collected my 2019 959 yesterday, I purchased it from the dealer as a new bike with 0 km's.

Its also my first Ducati coming from a 2008 R6 that I sold back in 2018.

My first impressions of the bike are amazing, I can't get over how agile the bike is. The low down acceleration and that amazing sound..... granted I still have the stock shotgun exhaust but the bike still sounds so good.

I've installed a NRC tail tidy as well as the CNC crash protection. Right now I plan on enjoying the bike and completing the run in period without exceeding 7000rpm. I dont have any immediate plans to upgrade but I'm sure as the year goes on that will change.

Here are some pics
Happy New year to you as well and congratulations on the new bike bud. Looks sweet. I too am in the same boat as you. Purchased mine a few months back. It's 2017 but belonged to a collector so only had 60kms on it. Mine is fully stock but will make a few mods like tail tidy and comfort seat before I ride again in spring. I did install R&G radiator shields. I highly recommend it as it will save your bike from chips on the radiator. Also, try to install Ducati spacers as it will make a huge difference in how the bike throttle responds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy New year to you as well and congratulations on the new bike bud. Looks sweet. I too am in the same boat as you. Purchased mine a few months back. It's 2017 but belonged to a collector so only had 60kms on it. Mine is fully stock but will make a few mods like tail tidy and comfort seat before I ride again in spring. I did install R&G radiator shields. I highly recommend it as it will save your bike from chips on the radiator. Also, try to install Ducati spacers as it will make a huge difference in how the bike throttle responds.

Thanks for the comments bro.

I managed to get some riding time this weekend. What exactly should I be looking for when you refer to the throttle spacers..... do you mean the lag between rolling on the throttle and the bite for the pull off?

·
Registered
98 Posts

I managed to get some riding time this weekend. What exactly should I be looking for when you refer to the throttle spacers..... do you mean the lag between rolling on the throttle and the bite for the pull off?

Yes, the lag will go away and it's smoother to control the throttle. Many reviews on YouTube on this

·
Registered
132 Posts
Awesome man Congrats this is a sick bike, and in my honest opinion better then V2.
I’d recommend you have the suspension set by a professional to your weight. Get the spacers for throttle & take off the heat shield for motor heads on back, this bikes tend to cook the valve cover gaskets with time, you can slow that by taking that plastic off the motor read head on both sides, draw back is heat, But these bikes are superbikes meant to be ridden fast. The wind will keep you cool.
Make sure maintenance is always up to date & you’ll be good to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome man Congrats this is a sick bike, and in my honest opinion better then V2.
I’d recommend you have the suspension set by a professional to your weight. Get the spacers for throttle & take off the heat shield for motor heads on back, this bikes tend to cook the valve cover gaskets with time, you can slow that by taking that plastic off the motor read head on both sides, draw back is heat, But these bikes are superbikes meant to be ridden fast. The wind will keep you cool.
Make sure maintenance is always up to date & you’ll be good to go.
Thanks bro. I'm quite happy so far with my choice. I'll keep it as is for now until I have the money to make some more changes.
I went ahead and ordered the throttle spacers last night based on the reviews/videos and advice from Joyofriding.....

Delivery should be next week.

Maybe on my track day I'll see if there is anyone that can help me with the suspension setting.
Do you have a pic to share the location if the covers you refer to?

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts