Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I recently joined the ranks of Ducati ownership with a nice new white 959. Other bikes have been a 2004 Yamaha YZ250 (sold), 2001 Triumph Speed Triple (sold), 2003 Triumph Daytona 955i, 2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100RR.

I've always been a bit of a sucker for all the pretty ducs, but didn't have the opportunity to get one until recently. The bike is everything I'd hoped it would be. Yes, the seat gets warm. No, the bike doesn't really like going slow. Yes, it is amazing in the twisties. Yes, I plan on taking it to some track days.

I've done a few standard (cliché?) mods:
Carbon front and rear fender
Carbon rear shock guard
NRC fender eliminator
CRG carbon levers
Tech Specs tank pads (I don't love the look of them, but the lack of sliding, even under aggressive braking is nice)
DP comfort seat
DP rear cowl

First service was just scheduled this morning. Looking forward to getting out from under the break-in handcuffs and letting the engine wind up properly.

Thanks!
-Joe

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of Ducati! Looking at that satin nose never gets old!!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Its all about that sweet sweet AWS.

Did you get the C3 or SnakeSkin TechSpecs?

Reactions: codenoise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the SnakeSkins. Not as sleek looking, but far grippier. Before the pads were put on, anything more than light braking would have me sliding forward in the seat unless I had my knees perfectly positioned.

Also, I apologize for being thick. "AWS"?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I went with the SnakeSkins. Not as sleek looking, but far grippier. Before the pads were put on, anything more than light braking would have me sliding forward in the seat unless I had my knees perfectly positioned.

Also, I apologize for being thick. "AWS"?

Alpine White Silk.

Reactions: codenoise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah! Thanks for that. Yes, as pretty as the Red bikes are, that white is stunning!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum! Always a little jealous of you guys on the west coast! lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts