Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, everyone!

I just purchased this beauty yesterday... 2016 959 with 1699 miles for an absolute steal. It already has a fender eliminator on it, NRC fender eliminator. I may end up switching that out for the CM one however. Also the PO took the passenger pegs off which is unfortunate as I would like to have those... so currently looking for some of those haha.

I didn't get to ride it around a whole bunch yesterday, but did put maybe 20-25 miles on it. Unfortunately it started pouring down rain when I got it, which made for a nice opportunity to test out the wet mode. My last bike was a 2013 Triumph Daytona 675 that I sold in 2014 and have missed ever since.

Here are my toys :)

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Welcome! Did you get it from Ducati Indy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! Did you get it from Ducati Indy?
Unfortunately no. But I know one of the techs at Ducati Indy and I chatted with Bill Carr for a while before I found this one. I almost bought new, but this popped up at Falcone Powersports in Speedway. The price was absolutely insane, so I jumped at it.

I just applied to the Indy Desmo club though! :)

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Unfortunately no. But I know one of the techs at Ducati Indy and I chatted with Bill Carr for a while before I found this one. I almost bought new, but this popped up at Falcone Powersports in Speedway. The price was absolutely insane, so I jumped at it.

I just applied to the Indy Desmo club though! :)
Cool deal! I know the Bill and Matt well. I've purchase 3 bikes from them. Great dealership! Matt Carr is super knowledgeable when it comes to Ducati's and making them go fast. And he can ride his [email protected]@ off!! Still trying to hang on to him at Putnam. :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool deal! I know the Bill and Matt well. I've purchase 3 bikes from them. Great dealership! Matt Carr is super knowledgeable when it comes to Ducati's and making them go fast. And he can ride his [email protected]@ off!! Still trying to hang on to him at Putnam. :eek:
Yeah, from what I've seen he is a **** of a rider lol. I'm really only familiar with Putnam from the car. So I might end up taking this out for a track day or two just to see what the track is like on a bike. I think Matt just ran high 11's at Putnam on a stock V4... a mere 8 seconds faster than me in my car hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Yeah, from what I've seen he is a **** of a rider lol. I'm really only familiar with Putnam from the car. So I might end up taking this out for a track day or two just to see what the track is like on a bike. I think Matt just ran high 11's at Putnam on a stock V4... a mere 8 seconds faster than me in my car hahaha
The track is so much nicer since the repave. It needed that badly. Times did drop considerably too. I know Matt was able to get into the 1:12's on his race bike prior to the repave so I'm guessing it's much lower now. I think I dropped something like 3 or 4 secs. Pretty crazy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The track is so much nicer since the repave. It needed that badly. Times did drop considerably too. I know Matt was able to get into the 1:12's on his race bike prior to the repave so I'm guessing it's much lower now. I think I dropped something like 3 or 4 secs. Pretty crazy!
I know the times were dropping on four wheels too. I'm not too experienced with two wheels on a track, just four. But yeah it definitely needed the repave. They're working on a lot of cool stuff out there.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I know the times were dropping on four wheels too. I'm not too experienced with two wheels on a track, just four. But yeah it definitely needed the repave. They're working on a lot of cool stuff out there.
It's one of the better facilities / tracks in this area for sure.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the rear pegs if you want them
Bah, a bit late to this. I just bought a set from a local club member here in Indianapolis.

Also some quick updates... I've added a RAM mount and cored the exhaust. I decided to core the exhaust myself since I have the ability to cut/weld/grind, etc. Here's some more info on that if anyone is curious haha

https://imgur.com/a/N5edIjV

Also managed to get some sweet rollers from a friend, and another picture of it after coring, etc.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts