Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2018 959 Panigale a couple months ago. So far it is a lot faster than my R3. Will be converting it to a race bike within the next year.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome!

I moved up to a 959, four months after getting my license (mid life crisis) and after 6K miles total experience on my first bike, a Ninja 300.

Picked up the ninja 300 the same day I got my license and quickly thirsted for more acceleration, better braking, and a more race oriented posture for aggressive street riding.

The 959 fits the bill for sure. Enjoy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the jump was really easy! The 959 is so light it honestly feels very similar to my R3. The 959 flicks in and out of corners very easily just like my R3. I rode the 959 in wet mode for 3 months until I was used to the power, now I have it in sport mode and have done a few track days on it. Still haven't broken it in yet, so I am going to stay away from Race mode until I break 1550 miles. I love the L twin engine - it actually sounds somewhat similar to my R3 (with a full exhaust) bc they are both twins. So glad I bought the 959 over an R6 or R1, i just love the L twin engine! So torquey!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts