Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

New Pantigale Corse rider in New England. This bike joins a stable of other bikes - Indian, BMW and other Ducati - Supersport S and Monster 1100evo. I love the Corse - today was the first warm day and i learned about the heat in beach traffic. Any advice for mesh summer riding pants, would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats.

There are a lot of threads regarding the “heat shield”, please look it up.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply - I am looking for a leather perf pant for summer riding. Just need to find one where the perf is on the inside of the leg.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a Dainese one piece for when I go to the track or spirited riding, however I enjoy the fit of the Dainese Delta Pro C2 leather pants for riding during the times that I still want increased protection, but without the constraints of a race suit.

However, the zipper allows them to attach to both my Dainese branded jacket and my Ducati Corse leather jacket since the latter is made by Dainese as well.

The air flow is enough to keep my legs cool at speed and the leather blocks the heat from the cylinder heads.

Personally and with all due respect, I think the heat shield is a load of B.S. since the heat emanates more from the sides (cylinder heads) than from the header under the tail. That is just my opinion based on personal experience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks sinjin, based on everything I've read, the one one thing that consistently works for heat is leather.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Thanks sinjin, based on everything I've read, the one one thing that consistently works for heat is leather.
Correct - of course, if you can't keep it moving. I agree the heat shields didn't provide the reduction I imagined they would, but the temps never bothered me. Definitely not worth the cost if paying full price IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got my 959 Corse as well. And this being my first 959, I too had to deal with the heat issues (I was aware before I bought it). After 10 minutes of riding, the heat was unbearable and this was even while I was moving (70+). The heat shield did absolutely nothing for me. I was finally able to find it bearable with proper jeans (Rev it) and Cool Heat Out Underwear. But after reading everything there is about it on this forum, I found my problem was with my riding position. I was riding too far forward. After positioning myself further back, I had no problem with heat and could even use my regular street jeans. I'm still learning/adjusting to the new position but I think this was my main issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been riding in my diamond gusset defender jeans and only had one day of heat. I am looking at a pair of perf vanson for the street. We only have about a month of hot weather here, so heat is not as bad as the south.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts