Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm Josh. Just bought a new 959 Corse with only 8 miles on her! Absolutely LOVE to go into my garage and get a good stare everyday!
Jumped from a Streetfighter 848 to this beauty queen!
Have a question. I have a track day on June 30th. So far I've only managed 100 miles on. break in. I'm hoping to get a couple hundred more by next weekend. Have any off you took your bike with so few miles to a track day? I'm a little nervous About it due to the engine being so green. Some people think it's dumb and other don't think it matters. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice bike, welcome. I’m not sure what to tell you about the track day. I personally wouldn’t do it but that doesn’t make me right. I followed my break in a little bit, I didnt stay at 6k rpm or whatever it was but I didn’t really open it up till after the oil change. It will probably be fine but I’m no expert. Take it for a couple long rides and get the 600 miles on it and have the oil changed before you go. I probably wouldn’t mention it to my dealer for the warranty sake. May or may not be an issue. Someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in. Anyway, enjoy your new bike.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You going to the Ridge? Do not worry about the break in, it will be fine. many people buy bikes and take them straight to the track. Just because you are on the track doesn't mean that you are riding at GP speeds. most people in A group esp are not moving too quickly

·
Registered
439 Posts
The real key to breaking in these bikes is varying the RPMs and not keeping the load on the engine constant... like you would highway riding and staying in the same gear. The track is an excellent place to rack up the miles before your first service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts