Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

My name is Ben & I'm from the Midwest in USA. I am brand new to Ducati and take delivery of my 959 next week! Previously owned lots of Yamaha's & Hondas (mostly 600s or liters)and am getting rid of my current bike which is an 08 CBR600RR graffiti edition. I don't think I've ever been more excited to try something new. I heard nothing but great things about the 959 and finally decided it was time.

I'm own a large business and that takes up 99.9% of my life. Bikes and cars consume the rest, and are the way I connect to everything else life has to offer.

Forums are always something I've been extremely active on, & I'm excited to meet some of you guys. After scrolling through some threads on here I did notice that you guys are a little more mature than most, so that's already a huge plus, ha.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ben. Which color 959 did you order? Did you do a test ride before purchasing? Any mods planned?

I describe myself much like you. My business takes the vast majority of my time, and what free time I do have I divide between fast cars, fast bikes, and other hobbies.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Ben, I'm in the Midwest too! Happy that you got a 959, I'm sure she'll put a smile on your face!

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Car and bike pictures will have to follow...

Welcome, it's a big change from jap 4's!

·
Registered
82 Posts
After riding your old bike, you are definitely gonna have to catch your breath on the 959. Power application isn't brutal like, say, my old 1199 but there is A TON of torque. Take some time during the break-in period to get to know her. Grab a handful of throttle on your 959 like you're used to doing on your old bike and you'll be looking at the sky.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum Ben. Which color 959 did you order? Did you do a test ride before purchasing? Any mods planned?

I describe myself much like you. My business takes the vast majority of my time, and what free time I do have I divide between fast cars, fast bikes, and other hobbies.
Went white. Yes I did the demo, although I don't think I got over half RPM. The route we took was really awful but nonetheless I'm really looking forward to breaking this thing in. Fender eliminator ordered, going to look into the akro slip on unless they lower the price of the full system. I really really miss the SCREAM of my older bikes, but this sound is so unique and mature IMO. It will take some getting used to but I absolutely love it so far.

Ah, yes the joys of working for yourself. Nothing like an open road and a beautiful bike to clear your head. Cheers man, stay in touch!

Welcome Ben, and great choice! Same Q' as @tko 's...
Thanks much! Excited to get involved here!

Hey Ben, I'm in the Midwest too! Happy that you got a 959, I'm sure she'll put a smile on your face!
Awesome! I'm in Wisconsin! We will have to do a meet up sometime in the future. I get around a lot with dirt bikes / trail riding / taking an RV around meeting customers for work, so the possibility is definitely there! Lots of cheeky grinning already haha!

Hi Ben and welcome to the site! Nice choice of a bike and nice choice of the fender eliminator :)
Thank you! You guys are so nice here - I'm almost shocked.

Welcome from Sydney Ben!!!!
Much love!

Welcome Ben and congrats on the new bike!
Thanks so much!

Car and bike pictures will have to follow...

Welcome, it's a big change from jap 4's!
Thank you! Lot's of car pics will definitely follow as well if you guys are into that!

After riding your old bike, you are definitely gonna have to catch your breath on the 959. Power application isn't brutal like, say, my old 1199 but there is A TON of torque. Take some time during the break-in period to get to know her. Grab a handful of throttle on your 959 like you're used to doing on your old bike and you'll be looking at the sky.
Thanks for the feedback! The differences are staggering. I've driven just about every JAP powerband and this is nothing like it. The cornering is what truly blows me away, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, I'm also from Wisconsin! If you ever take your bike to the Appleton area my family owns the first pizzeria in Northeastern Wisconsin and we've been here for the last 61 years. I'd be happy to buy another 959-owner a pizza!

Happy riding!

·
Registered
82 Posts
You are sooo right about the cornering. So sweet! Once you get a real feel for her, getting your chin over your turning direction hand and that v-shape torso lean is so confidence building. I'm screaming through corners faster than I ever have, but I feel like the bike is on rails. Can't wait until tomorrow!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying the bike! I recently moved from a Honda CBR to my BMW, and the wife from a Gixxer to the 959 (so she could keep up she says) and we both enjoy the handling more than anything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, I'm also from Wisconsin! If you ever take your bike to the Appleton area my family owns the first pizzeria in Northeastern Wisconsin and we've been here for the last 61 years. I'd be happy to buy another 959-owner a pizza!

Happy riding!
SOLD! That's awesome. I will stay in touch and we can definitely plan something as it gets warmer!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are sooo right about the cornering. So sweet! Once you get a real feel for her, getting your chin over your turning direction hand and that v-shape torso lean is so confidence building. I'm screaming through corners faster than I ever have, but I feel like the bike is on rails. Can't wait until tomorrow!
I'm excited to get to know the bike more. Lots of differences from any bike I've ever been on, but truly love it.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the bike! I recently moved from a Honda CBR to my BMW, and the wife from a Gixxer to the 959 (so she could keep up she says) and we both enjoy the handling more than anything.
I just drove the 16 s1000rr yesterday and that was one great bike. The throttle is amazing and unlike anything I've ever experienced. Loved the rider position too!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Scary power, good handing, very intuitive ride the S1000RR. Easily the most fun bike Ive ever owned. Like you Ive spent considerable time on Japanese bikes, and never imagined I would become this enamored with a Euro bike. Its a great blend of Japanese and Euro and I dont know Ill ever own anything else. (Though the 1199R is on my radar)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took delivery yesterday. Ended up driving 100 miles to get her!

I bought and installed the new rage fender tidy on the showroom floor @ ducati haha! Also took off the fork reflectors and threw them in the trash can before I signed the papers. Can't stand those things lol

Here are couple photos from the cruise home.

I need to figure out how to turn down the engine braking setting when in race / sport mode, but otherwise I love everything about this bike. It says hold button 3 for two seconds to enter settings, but for some reason it isn't working for me... Maybe you can't adjust until broken in?

I'm excited to break it in and get to 600 miles. Already over 200!

Full professional video review, exhaust sound recording, & walk thru coming very soon :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I need to figure out how to turn down the engine braking setting when in race / sport mode, but otherwise I love everything about this bike. It says hold button 3 for two seconds to enter settings, but for some reason it isn't working for me... Maybe you can't adjust until broken in?
The manual is wrong, there's been a couple posts in a thread about it. Hold down button 2 to enter Settings Menu.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts