Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased my first new motorcycle ever after a 4 year hiatus from riding street. I previously owned a 2007 CBR600RR (great bike). I got the bike last week with 2 miles on her and couldn't be more happy. It was a tough decision between the 959, a used 899, a S1000RR and a new R1. I eliminated the R1 fairly quickly because I couldn't find a dealer who allowed test rides. I really liked the S1000RR but the Panigales won me over with their style, sound, and exclusivity. I chose the Arctic Silk White and stare at the bike everyday I walk in my garage. I look forward to taking it to the track next year if I have the time and tinkering with the bike a bit. My mostly aesthetic mods I have planed so far include:

Throttle Lock/Traction control (my right hand gets numb on longer rides)
Tank guard
Comfort seat
Tinted windscreen
Frame sliders
Solo Cowl
Throttle Spacer kit

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the new bike! Just curious, what is the new R1 selling for?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was listed for 15k (for the black only). Honestly I did not dig deep into it because the dealership I was dealing with would not even start the bike for me due to "insurance reasons". Funny because 5 miles down the rode Eurotek Ducati/BMW let me test ride both the 959 and S1000RR and any other bike they had as long as I had my M endorsement...

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
It was listed for 15k (for the black only). Honestly I did not dig deep into it because the dealership I was dealing with would not even start the bike for me due to "insurance reasons". Funny because 5 miles down the rode Eurotek Ducati/BMW let me test ride both the 959 and S1000RR and any other bike they had as long as I had my M endorsement...
Sounds fishy for sure. Are you talking about the latest generation R1? $15k seems cheap for that, even if it is for the black one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked our local prices on craigslist. The lowest listed new prices locally are:

2015 left over R1 - 13,999
2016 R1S - 13,499
2016 R1 - 15,000 (supposedly OTD)

They seem to be great bikes per reviews and I was really interested in riding one.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I chose the Arctic Silk White and stare at the bike everyday I walk in my garage.
Me everyday, also when I get off my 959. Then I realize I'm late to where I need to go, then I start walking, but still keep looking...

Welcome to the forums!

Reactions: Kevin.H

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Welcome aboard!

A lot of my local dealers don't carry demo models for bikes but fortunately I travel for work often so I visit other, bigger, better dealers...

I came from a cbr1000rr and wasn't even considering other four cylinders. After eating a half dozen different vanillas, I couldn't tell the difference any longer...

Safe riding!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I just checked our local prices on craigslist. The lowest listed new prices locally are:

2015 left over R1 - 13,999
2016 R1S - 13,499
2016 R1 - 15,000 (supposedly OTD)

They seem to be great bikes per reviews and I was really interested in riding one.
I did a quick Google on this and discovered they now have an R1 and an R1S. (as you started above) The latter being a cheaper version. Seems like a pretty good deal on either bike.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Welcome @Choppa' and congrats on the purchase of an AWS! One more added to the family :grin2:
...about your right hand going numb - maybe you wanna get that carpal tunnel fixed...? :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Hey,

I'm coming to Okc with my wife next week to visit my brother and his family. I don't know where yet but we should grab a drink or coffee; it's always nice to meet riders on the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts