Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati will introduce 5 new models on November 5th at 3:00p.m. Hope we can finally see the specs of the Panigale 959 Corse and how the new V4 will look like!!:smile2:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ducati will introduce 5 new models on November 5th at 3:00p.m. Hope we can finally see the specs of the Panigale 959 Corse and how the new V4 will look like!!:smile2:
Should be interesting. I want a 1299 SA really bad, but I am interested to see what's gonna happen with the V4.
Either way - hopefully I'll love the V4, or the 1299 SA will drop in value a little.

I really hope the initial "leaked" pictures of the new V4 were fake, because I did not like that design at all.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I heard the new 959 Corse will have DQS Up/Dn, SSA and a full Akra exhaust

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Panigale 959 Corse revealed today, so far mentioned in the presentation is an upgrade in suspension and lithium battery. The livery is red and white, or white and red, whatever is your color preference :)

·
Registered
892 Posts

I just skimmed through the broadcast on YouTube and found they presented:
  • Scrambler Mach 2.0
  • Scrambler 1100
  • Multistrada 1200 Enduro Pro
  • xDiavel S
  • Yellow Monster
  • Panigale 959 Corse
  • Multistrada 1260
  • Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
  • Panigale V4
  • Panigale V4 Speciale

In regards to the Panigales, looks like the 959 Corse just has:
  • Ohlin's rear shock + steering damper
  • Akrapovic shotgun exhaust (not sure what's on the US version)
  • Lithium ion battery
  • Matte red + matte white livery, similar to the GP17 color

The Panigale V4, beyond what we learned from leaks and teasers from the video & website:
  • 3 versions - V4, V4S, V4 Speciale
  • Cornering ABS on the front
  • Dynamic slide control
  • Projector beams?? (high?? or low??, would be super cool if it was bi-xenon!) + LED DRLs
  • Supposed 10kg savings, but the sold models only have a 2kg(6lb) difference between the V4 and V4 Speciale
  • EGT sensors on all 4 exhaust ports (potentially on a test setup? but still shown)

Reactions: MiamiJAG

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: MiamiJAG

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Time to crunch the numbers to see if trading in my 959 to a Corse is less then buying the suspension and exhaust. Been on the fence about the exhaust and after experiencing the stock to ohlins steering damper I would be tempted to do the suspension.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Time to crunch the numbers to see if trading in my 959 to a Corse is less then buying the suspension and exhaust. Been on the fence about the exhaust and after experiencing the stock to ohlins steering damper I would be tempted to do the suspension.
There is NO WAY that the depreciation on your bike in addition to the depreciation you will get hit with on the Corse will be less than the cost to upgrade your suspension. Especially when you can catch a Ducati Omaha Ohlins sales promotion for the TTX and forks combo.
https://www.ducatiomaha.com/collections/959-Panigale/suspension

Also, the exhaust is homologated so you will not benefit from any performance gains from the flow or tuning the otherwise stock exhaust, but only from the weight savings going from stock 959 to titanium.

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
224 Posts
$3,700 for suspension and $4,500 for exhaust, $1,200 (guess though probably low) on labor? $9,400.

I see on Cycle Trader the Corse going for $17,395 (not sure that is accurate or just web garbage).

If those numbers are accurate it is probably pretty darn close if a $10k trade in is used.

QS up/down, something I really want since I have ejected my 35 years of blipping the throttle on downshifts to take full advantage of the slipper clutch.

Oddly one of the biggest hesitations is the color, love the AWS. If it comes with the Euro Akra instead of the US version then that would be hard to swallow too.

Suspension alone it is a no brainer to keep my current bike, but if exhaust enters the equation (agree it is for weight and possible smoother delivery...but Ti blueing is HOT!) then it gets me considering the Corse.

Now, if those black rims are forged then it is a no brainer, trading my bike in!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
In addition to @sinjin 's comment, you can probably add forged wheels to your current bike's upgrade and still be ahead.
Moreover, the US version, based on the photo does not have a titanium Akrapovic either.

·
Registered
439 Posts
$3,700 for suspension and $4,500 for exhaust, $1,200 (guess though probably low) on labor? $9,400.

I see on Cycle Trader the Corse going for $17,395 (not sure that is accurate or just web garbage).

If those numbers are accurate it is probably pretty darn close if a $10k trade in is used.

QS up/down, something I really want since I have ejected my 35 years of blipping the throttle on downshifts to take full advantage of the slipper clutch.

Oddly one of the biggest hesitations is the color, love the AWS. If it comes with the Euro Akra instead of the US version then that would be hard to swallow too.

Suspension alone it is a no brainer to keep my current bike, but if exhaust enters the equation (agree it is for weight and possible smoother delivery...but Ti blueing is HOT!) then it gets me considering the Corse.

Now, if those black rims are forged then it is a no brainer, trading my bike in!
I am not sure what suspension components you are contemplating, but the link I provided has a front and rear package for $2500 plus you can keep your current set up and put the bike back to stock later to offset the cost.

Labor would add to that, but not compared to the depreciation. Also, Ducati Omaha will accept your parts and install them for a minimal cost so that all you are left to do is mounting the new components.

Again, the exhaust will not be any smoother and it would not be the $4500 kit. It would contain the cats and have no upmap, so you are much better off looking at the DP kit or the non-DP and RapidBike option. They cannot sell the bike with the race exhaust and have it remain street legal.

The up and down shifting would be a huge benefit, however if you are REALLY interested in that from a performance or racing stand point you are likely better off looking at an aftermarket solution. Many 1299 owners supplement their DQS with downshifting by using a load sensor shifter.

Those are definitely stock cast wheels, so you won't make any improvements there either.

You would take a $5k hit on your bike and then another several thousand on the new bike once you ride it off the lot. Add to that upgrades that you would either lose or have to swap over and you are looking at a lot of extra time and expense for something that you can add to your existing bike and sell off when you are ready to move on.

Reactions: Kev242

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts

Those Cycle Trader ads never include setup, or dealer fees, etc.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
@Kev242 I'd leave the Akra's out of the equation as those on the Corse (if any in the US) are not the ones you're looking for.
$4000 for top-notch Ohlins front and back suspension with S-Damper.
$1000 for a Auto blimp quickshifter
Add another $2500 for Forged Marchesini's and you got yourself a better bike. Just saying.

If you do decide on buying a Corse, but you really don't seem to care for the Corse's paint job, I'd consider trading my pristine AWS (plus some allowance $$$ TBD) for your painted parts on the Corse. I'm not holding my breath on this one as I believe you'll change your mind once you see the new Corse paint job in person. I think it will look awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts