Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the Forum and new to Ducati too. After years of fighting it I gave in and went all Italian. Had the bike just over 2 weeks and loving every minute of it (well apart from the 5k rpm limit). First service in 3 days and few extras at the same time, can explore and enjoy a bit more then.

Shall try and get involved and will be good to talk to you guys.

Tony.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

What color did you get?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the welcome guys.

Got a red one with a seat cowl, rear pegs coming off soon too. Due to the kill joys in Europe, got the nasty side pipes, but that being sorted at the first service this Thursday, akrapovic under belly being fitted :)

Experience with the Ducati so far is great, it just feels special.

Bikes to date:
1st - 1997 Fazer 600
2nd - 1999 R6
3rd - 2001 954 Fireblade
4th - 2012 cbr600rr
5th - 2006 KTM Superduke 990
6th - 2015 Fireblade
7th - 959

Also have a Suzuki U50 I have been re-commissioning for a friend after sitting in a garage for 40 years.

have also ridden mates bikes consisting most of the Triumph range, Dads blackbird and done a few Ducati demo days, so nearly got a hypermotard...

·
Registered
358 Posts
That's a nice list of bikes to have come from, I guess that positions you a bit better for giving feedback on what its powerband is like. Especially if you had seat time on the 899.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers, looking back its quite a good list. The Fazer 600 is still around and gets used every now and then. Good commuting hack.

Yeah once the service is done I will try and get out and do some comparisons with my mates 899, he dosnt want to ride the 959 though so will see what I can do. Would say the engine feels freer to rev, more stable in the corners and the front wheel dosnt lift as much as the 899. Oh and the clutch is so much lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts