Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Been enjoying reading everyone's adventures on this forum for the last few weeks while I await a cargo boat to make it's way from Italy to Australia to New Zealand.

Today this landed on our fair, year-round bike weather, shores. I was lucky to be in the birth ward to take these shots of my new baby. Complete assembly and registration tomorrow, just in time for the weekend. Bliss.

A bit about myself. I left Canada (Calgary) 20 years ago for a bit of travel and adventure and I'm still on that trip...that sums it up.

Can't wait to rip thru the first 1,000km so I can get into the revs and post some proper pics and put some bits on it.

For now, here's a wee strip tease.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome aboard. I got the first 959 in NZ back in Feb and really love it. Hit 210kph out at Hampton so it is not slow. Have you considered joining the Ducati Owners of NZ club?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've been following their facebook page - seems like they're having some issues with new membership registrations. Something to do with the club secretary being locked up for fraud. Just jokes. I thought I'd wait until I broke this in, then would love to join the club. I didn't on my last Ducati and should have.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Welcome @Calgs to the forum and Congratulations on your purchase of a fabulous 959! Looking forward to those landscape pics!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome - my 959 was on that same boat and arrived in Sydney few days ago. Am picking it up next week so super excited!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome to the forum and can't wait for your ride pictures! New Zealand is a very scenic country, but then again all I've seen is from pictures or Lord Of The Rings and Hobbit movies. I may be a bit biased.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome - my 959 was on that same boat and arrived in Sydney few days ago. Am picking it up next week so super excited!
Awesome, keep us posted when it arrives, with pictures/videos if you plan on taking any, we always love seeing new bikes :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Calgs update

Put about 100km on it today. Like summer, about 22C, blue skies and sticky roads.

Spent the morning doing the clay bar, polish, and wax - best time to do it straight from factory. Finish looks like liquid glass now. Amazing difference. Used Mothers all the way.

Few bits thrown on now too. Pazzo levers, carbon fenders, tail tidy.

First impressions? Does this thing corner or what? Wow. Thank goodness there are few, if any, straight roads in NZ.

Here's another tease picture. Closest I could get the bike into the house.

More adventures with proper camera tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think the handling and cornering on this bike are absolutely superb. (Not that I get to ride it much!) My wife just beams everytime we get out to ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some proper pics

Sunday morning cruise. Packed the camera and snapped a couple of coffee stops.

By the way, I named her Bella. Translated from Italian, meaning 'beautiful'. Seems the most fitting name I could think of.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you guys imbed pictures in the copy body rather than thumbnail attachments? Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Calgs, I just go to Tiny Pic free imaging. Upload photo from my desktop and choose the forum option (which starts with IMG).
Bella is a good name. We named one of our Maine Coons that. I should get some Mothers and do what you did. Your bike looks super shiney. I have just used Pledge on mine and clean it with Muc Off. I keep the bike in the house as it more secure there and I can look at it more.
Got over 3500 km on it now and went to adjust the chain but that is one huge socket needed to loosen the rear axle (38 or 40mm). Repco have nothing that size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts