Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'm interested in n purchasing my first ducati and I'm really looking at the 959 or the 1299 can't decide LOL
Buy what turns your crank and makes your heart beat.

For me, I wanted a street bike and the 959 is it. I like shifting gears. 160ish HP is more than enough for me to use. Had I wanted a track beast, combined with the expertise to take advantage of all that power on the track (which I don't have), then it would be perhaps different.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Welcome! I guess it depends on what type of riding you plan on doing, but in short: I would say the 959 is more user friendly for the street and a little cheaper to maintain. (tires, brakes, etc) If you plan on doing track days then maybe you may want the extra power / options the 1299 offers. Although either one would make a great track bike. Looking at what you'd feel comfortable / confident on would be where I would start.

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
358 Posts
Another thing to look at is the 899, that was reportedly great for the street, the only downside I heard of a lot was where it lacks power or where power could be filled in and that issue has been addressed with the 959.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I wish you luck in your search and purchase.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome welcome, I'm sure no matter what you purchase, if you have your heart set on it then you'll be riding with a smile.

That being said however, if you want more of an opinion from people you should tell us a little about yourself and your riding style, what you want from a bike, if you do track days a lot, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buy what turns your crank and makes your heart beat.

For me, I wanted a street bike and the 959 is it. I like shifting gears. 160ish HP is more than enough for me to use. Had I wanted a track beast, combined with the expertise to take advantage of all that power on the track (which I don't have), then it would be perhaps different.
You my friend made an excellent point. I still haven't decided but your comment has made my decision a little clearer. I don't know if I'll be able to handle all the power the 1299 has for everyday commute so I guess that the 959 would be a more sensible option. Decisions, decisions lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't do tracks though I would want to I mainly just ride around for pleasure. I have been riding for 7 years mainly Japanese bikes but this time I want to treat myself to something different. I love sport bikes and when I first saw the panigale I said to myself someday I'll have to own one lol. To me these bikes are like the Ferraris of motor bikes. Not the fastest but sure are beautiful.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I don't do tracks though I would want to I mainly just ride around for pleasure. I have been riding for 7 years mainly Japanese bikes but this time I want to treat myself to something different. I love sport bikes and when I first saw the panigale I said to myself someday I'll have to own one lol. To me these bikes are like the Ferraris of motor bikes. Not the fastest but sure are beautiful.

The first time I saw a Pani I said I had to own one too. It's artwork on wheels... I just stare at the form sometimes. This was my first twin from jap-4s too so I'm in a similar boat as you. I held off from an 1199 because the ergos on the 959/1299 are much more comfortable in my opinion.

Hope you find your piece of art soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts