Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
My buddy got this helmet. I tried it on and it is very comfortable. I love the way the padding inside wraps around you and seals tightly around your chin, etc.

That all being said, I think this helmet is pretty specifically for the track. I don't know if it would be a good helmet for long rides or all day stuff on the street. But I'm really curious to hear if it does work well for street riding also.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
What level is the "Corsa" in the AGV lineup? I have his old one from Moto 2, the base model version.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AGV Line Up

What level is the "Corsa" in the AGV lineup? I have his old one from Moto 2, the base model version.
The Corsa is the helmet below the top of the range Pista GP. The Corsa isn't a full carbon fibre shell but has the shape, aerodynamics, adjustable ventilation and eye port improvements like the Pista GP. The Pista GP does not have adjustable ventilation just blocks that are placed in the vents for better aero dynamics on the track.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Street riding

My buddy got this helmet. I tried it on and it is very comfortable. I love the way the padding inside wraps around you and seals tightly around your chin, etc.

That all being said, I think this helmet is pretty specifically for the track. I don't know if it would be a good helmet for long rides or all day stuff on the street. But I'm really curious to hear if it does work well for street riding also.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes it is a very confortable helmet to wear. The ventilation is nice and has better air flow than my Arai helmets. But of course my Arai helmets are over ten years old so I'm sure the new ones from that range would have improved ventilation also. I have only worn it on short rides so far so once I go for an extended ride ill let you know any issues, if any. I have not had any issues yet with it and with the wider eye ports it has great vision. The helmet is designed for the track but so far really happy using it for road riding.

·
487 Posts
Yes it is a very confortable helmet to wear. The ventilation is nice and has better air flow than my Arai helmets. But of course my Arai helmets are over ten years old so I'm sure the new ones from that range would have improved ventilation also. I have only worn it on short rides so far so once I go for an extended ride ill let you know any issues, if any. I have not had any issues yet with it and with the wider eye ports it has great vision. The helmet is designed for the track but so far really happy using it for road riding.
I hope you aren't using your Arai's anymore.

Cool new helmet.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Corsa is the helmet below the top of the range Pista GP. The Corsa isn't a full carbon fibre shell but has the shape, aerodynamics, adjustable ventilation and eye port improvements like the Pista GP. The Pista GP does not have adjustable ventilation just blocks that are placed in the vents for better aero dynamics on the track.
The Pista have rubber grommets covering the vents which are removable. Despite being similar shells, the Pista fit slightly less snug and are noticably louder. Mine came with ear plugs, even.

I picked up the IOM TT 2016 Corsair X by Arai after switching between the Pista and Corsa. It is a very comfortable helmet and understand the attraction and loyalty many have to Arai.

You can pick up AGV helmets at a huge discount if you are in the US and shop overseas. The new Pista R line is going for upwards of $1599 here, but can be had for less than 1100 Euros.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts