Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 red 959. Just wondering if taking off the engine covers will help in keeping the bike a bit cooler.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome
How do you like your Duc so far?

No but they make an heat shield kit that goes by the heads and seat area. I would recommend the Ducati performance rider seat and put some gold heat shield tape on the bottom of it that will help.

If your looking to have the actual temp run cooler then I would suggest Engine ice. Flush out your radiator and use Engine Ice. That helps your engine run cooler.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
@Ckos Nope, it actually makes your legs a little warmer. Change the coolant out for SuperCool with Waterwetter to drop temps. You can also install the heat shields made by the guy that makes the throttle spacers - that help a little on the legs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@Ckos Nope, it actually makes your legs a little warmer. Change the coolant out for SuperCool with Waterwetter to drop temps. You can also install the heat shields made by the guy that makes the throttle spacers - that help a little on the legs.
Dingo I’ve used water wetter before. It’s an additive. They really don’t make that much of a Difference. Engine Ice on the other hand is an high performance antifreeze that has protectants and anti foam in it. EI will protect up to -26F protects all radiators. Race sanctioned so you can hit the track if you want to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome
How do you like your Duc so far?

No but they make an heat shield kit that goes by the heads and seat area. I would recommend the Ducati performance rider seat and put some gold heat shield tape on the bottom of it that will help.

If your looking to have the actual temp run cooler then I would suggest Engine ice. Flush out your radiator and use Engine Ice. That helps your engine run cooler.
Love the bike. got it 2 years ago and don’t think I’ll ever get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Dingo I’ve used water wetter before. It’s an additive. ...
You're correct, the 1990's-2000's Water Wetter itself is an additive. However, Super Cool Performance Coolant with Water Wetter is a "pre-mixed coolant blended with purified, deionized water and proper WaterWetter percentage..." that dropped my temps 10 degrees plus. It's also made by an industry reputable company that started making racing products in 1979. The company that creates the product you suggest was founded in 2000 by "motocross racers." They must've had their head in the sand and didn't know about RedLine. I've never used the product because I use SuperCool. No reason for me to use anything else.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You're correct, the 1990's-2000's Water Wetter itself is an additive. However, Super Cool Performance Coolant with Water Wetter is a "pre-mixed coolant blended with purified, deionized water and proper WaterWetter percentage..." that dropped my temps 10 degrees plus. It's also made by an industry reputable company that started making racing products in 1979. The company that creates the product you suggest was founded in 2000 by "motocross racers." They must've had their head in the sand and didn't know about RedLine. I've never used the product because I use SuperCool. No reason for me to use anything else.
Cool where do you live and ride the most?

Because I live in the Desert I was doing research on this before my bike arrived. The guy I bought it from was from Cali and had just the stock coolant from Ducati in it. With the extreme heat and dry out here I talked with My master mechanic, and several Different Ducati owners that Have been using out here. All users switched from the redline mix you mentioned above. To the Engine Ice because of the heat, and that these bikes tend to be hot. I’ve used Redline in cars previously. They make good stuff so please don’t think I’m discounted them and there years of experience in race applications. That’s why I was excited to see the difference between the two. I can honestly say that I have seen a 20+ Degree drop in engine temps while riding out here in the extreme heat. This was also seen when sitting in traffic at lights. It also protects in cooler temps. I will still change it out yearly but have seen good results thus far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts