Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys and gals,

I have been reading this Forum for a while now, thank you everyone for all the great info. I am from SoCal and I have been debating getting the 959 for a few weeks now. The dealer is telling me the Ducati rebates end of this month (not sure how true that is) and they are offering me 2.99 financing on a 2017 that they just got in.

Anyways, I used to ride a Yamaha 600 but that was a LONG time ago...I am thinking of getting back on a bike just for weekend fun and some mid-week riding. I am taking my MS course end of month.

I guess I was wondering if there are any mellow rides out there for noobs ;) I am sure this is covered somewhere in forum which I will check soon. All the videos I have seen are people doing lowslides at "the snake" off Mulholland and it is scaring me from getting back on the bike!

Anyways, I hope to make a decision by end of day today!

Thanks again for all the great info...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Go Get IT!!! You can ride your own pace, just around town if you want... don't let that influence your decision!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Dingo!

Just hung up from dealer, they are telling me cost of this 2017 is:

$17430.57

2k down and my finance payment is about 277/month (at about 2.99APR finance special)

Add ons: Frame sliders: $215.00
Motobox(fender kit): $405.00

with another 400 bucks for installation on above.

OH MAN DECISION TIME! I have until tomorrow... ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
No, get a 2016, and tell them 16.5k OUT THE DOOR.

Ok to be fair, get the bike but don't get don't get all the extra warranties bullshit and GAP coverage either. two years is good enough. If you want the additional warranty coverage, buy it later.

I just reread what I spent to buy it and could have bought it for 16.8-17k flat out the door.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
$400 for install of that extra equipment is ridiculous - you can easily do it yourself. That price for a new 2017 is at the top of the bar, make a better deal for it or get a 2016 like @SixShock said. What dealer are you working with?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Outrageous.

They should be discounting aftermarket parts themselves at least 10-20% and not cost $400 to install a fender eliminator.

Gap coverage is only necessary if your down payment does not cover the typical depreciation from riding the bike off the lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for reply guys, really appreciate it.

I will be calling a few other places in my area tomorrow to see if there are any 2016s perhaps (knowing I truly do not need a 2017) or see what other prices are out there as you guys pointed out.

@ Dingo... Working with Pro Italia in Glendale. It is very close to where I work so was thinking for servicing it could be convenient but I am for sure making some calls tomorrow to compare ;)

This forum is truly so helpful. This is the only forum I belong to actually haha. Glad to find it. I can tell I will be on here a lot and I am sure with more questions and looking for insight so thank you in advance.

Shakas to you all!

\|||/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Id suggest checking out the Ducati Supersport too. I wish that bike was out when I purchased my 959 last year, that thing seems way more comfortable for leisurely riding. The 959 is an awesome track bike that rides well on the street, from my personal experience. Although I do a lot more street riding on the 959 then track riding. Also, from all the reviews I've been checking out on the supersport, that seems like an awesome street bike that rides well on the track. I still need to get out and test ride one.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I purchased without ever trying it and would t go back, my last bike was a 2013 Kawasaki 636 and then traded her in for the pani

Different animals, the kawi is like riding a horse and the pani is like raging bull

1 - 9 of 9 Posts