Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

New member from Melbourne, Australia!

I've been hovering around this forum for a while but now i can call myself an 'official' member, I'll be picking up my bike this evening after work!

Purchased an Arctic White Silk 959 from Frasers Motorcycles (or Ducati City) in Melbourne.

Accessories purchased so far:
- Carbon Tank Pad,
- Radiator Guard,
- Anti-Theft System, and
- Ducati Bike Cover.

All the above, for AUD $22,490.00 OTD, which i reckon is a great deal!

Super excited to be here, and i'm looking forward to all the conversations we have on this forum!!:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Congrats fellow AWS owner! Anti-Theft System? The bike comes with one, just set your PIN.
I'm curious to see what the bike cover looks like - is it the condom-stretch one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats fellow AWS owner! Anti-Theft System? The bike comes with one, just set your PIN.
I'm curious to see what the bike cover looks like - is it the condom-stretch one?

Thanks Dingo, excited to be here!!

I know the bike comes with an immobiliser, but the anti-theft system is different, and has a few other features.

Call me paranoid, but i dont want unwelcome hands on my new baby!

I havent picked it up yet, so i don't know what the cover looks like.

Excited!!!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats! You got a ripper deal too!

You'll find a whole heap of Ducatista's on Facebook @MelbourneDucatista

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! and lol condom-stretched one... that cracked me up.

Plan on doing anything paint-protection wise ??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to another new owner! I would take a stab and say this is the cover you're getting.

Been thinking about getting one. Very reasonably priced even compared to other brands but the Panigale specific one is around $450 here :surprise:
Yep, that's the cover i got. Its pretty standard, but the material is soft and it covers the bike completely so no complaints!

Welcome to the forum ! and lol condom-stretched one... that cracked me up.

Plan on doing anything paint-protection wise ??
I've picked up the Chemical Guys Australia Triage: Meticulous Matte Auto Wash and Spray Detailer, and the Jet Seal Matte paint protection & sealant.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Hey guys!

New member from Melbourne, Australia!

I've been hovering around this forum for a while but now i can call myself an 'official' member, I'll be picking up my bike this evening after work!

Purchased an Arctic White Silk 959 from Frasers Motorcycles (or Ducati City) in Melbourne.

Accessories purchased so far:
- Carbon Tank Pad,
- Radiator Guard,
- Anti-Theft System, and
- Ducati Bike Cover.

All the above, for AUD $22,490.00 OTD, which i reckon is a great deal!

Super excited to be here, and i'm looking forward to all the conversations we have on this forum!!:grin2::grin2:
Welcome and congratulations! You'll love this bike! You gotta post some pictures! I understand the desire to get the anti-theft system. I keep going back and forth on buying one. I've been holding off so far because it's so easy to spend money on all kinds of other accessories. ;)

Do you plan on doing any track days? Are there other modifications that you're thinking about doing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Welcome and congratulations! You'll love this bike! You gotta post some pictures! I understand the desire to get the anti-theft system. I keep going back and forth on buying one. I've been holding off so far because it's so easy to spend money on all kinds of other accessories. ;)

Do you plan on doing any track days? Are there other modifications that you're thinking about doing?

Haha will definitely post some decent photos once i take em. I've been riding every chance i get so i haven't got around to taking pictures yet! :grin2:

Will do a track day (or few) once i go past the 2500 Kms mark.
I'm breaking it in mostly according to the book (but not doing a 'soft' break-in either), so once i've clocked the 2500 kms i can open her up as much as i want.

I plan to change the grips, they're just way too narrow for my hands, which start hurting 30mins into a ride. The stock ones are 10cms in diameter.
I've already ordered ProGrip 717s, which the dealer says are 12.8cms in diameter, so that'll be good.

No other planned mods (yet), the Akra exhaust is tempting but the price tag isn't!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats on the awesome bike and post-purchases, @Ducshopeful! I hope you're using the red Ducati Performance cover indoors... or if kept outdoors, at least reside in a highly safe neighborhood, as there have always been stories of branded bike covers, especially BMW Motorrad ones in the UK, luring bike thieves into have a crack at picking themselves up a new toy. Can I ask you if the Anti-Theft System still suffers the same feat as in the 899 — whereby once installed and mounted in the rear cowl, the red dashboard immobilizer light will no longer blink when locked and alarm-armed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts