Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.
I picked up my White 959 this past Saturday from Ducati Austin. I stopped by the Ducati tent during MotoGP over here at CoTA, saw the arctic white 959, and fell in love.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Nope, first Ducati i've ever owned. I love it so far, despite the weather here trying to keep me from enjoying it.

My only complaint so far, is that I have trouble gripping the tank with my knees. I think they are positioned correctly, just below the tank, in the groove where it meets the upper fairing. But the bike is pretty narrow, so under hard braking I can't support my weight with my knees, so it puts unwanted pressure on my wrists.

Tank grips are a solution, but I can't help but feel that it will ruin the aesthetics of the bike. It is fucking perfect just the way it is.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta hit the gym and strengthen those forearms and wrists!!!
Hahah. Every third day!
The first day riding this bike, I will admit, my wrists were pretty ******.

Now on day 3 and it isn't nearly as bad. I worry about long 4-6 hour rides though. I was invited to a 6 hour ride at the end of this month, but I'm considering taking my commuter bike, just because I don't know how my comfort level will hold up after 6 hours of riding.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
What got me most, after not owning a bike for a number of years was the vibes in the handlebars - so I put new cushy ones on and it's 80% better. I suggest you do the same.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What got me most, after not owning a bike for a number of years was the vibes in the handlebars - so I put new cushy ones on and it's 80% better. I suggest you do the same.
Thanks for the suggestion. Got a link for them?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks!

Nope, first Ducati i've ever owned. I love it so far, despite the weather here trying to keep me from enjoying it.

My only complaint so far, is that I have trouble gripping the tank with my knees. I think they are positioned correctly, just below the tank, in the groove where it meets the upper fairing. But the bike is pretty narrow, so under hard braking I can't support my weight with my knees, so it puts unwanted pressure on my wrists.

Tank grips are a solution, but I can't help but feel that it will ruin the aesthetics of the bike. It is fucking perfect just the way it is.
I know what you mean on that last point. These Duc's look way too good to put anything else on them. Tough call but got to do what you got to do.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it your first bike? or do you have a history riding motorcycles?
Not my first bike, no. I learned on an R3. Still have it, but I haven't really used it since I bought the 959.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts