Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I currently ride an 08+ R6 and I may consider upgrading to a 959 in the future. My r6 only has around 2000 miles and I was looking to trade it in, but my issue is that it has a small nick/paint chip on the frame because someone punched a hole in the ignition in a theft attempt. However, the title is still clean. The bike now uses two keys: 1 for the ignition and the original one for the gas tank.

I'm pretty sure this will be a problem if/when I decide to trade it in. Does anyone have tips on how to approach a dealership? I'm not necessarily asking how to push my bike onto them, but just how to negotiate a new bike. (I got the r6 from a used dealer for a steal so I don't have the experience in dealing with a new dealer)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi all,

I currently ride an 08+ R6 and I may consider upgrading to a 959 in the future. My r6 only has around 2000 miles and I was looking to trade it in, but my issue is that it has a small nick/paint chip on the frame because someone punched a hole in the ignition in a theft attempt. However, the title is still clean. The bike now uses two keys: 1 for the ignition and the original one for the gas tank.

I'm pretty sure this will be a problem if/when I decide to trade it in. Does anyone have tips on how to approach a dealership? I'm not necessarily asking how to push my bike onto them, but just how to negotiate a new bike. (I got the r6 from a used dealer for a steal so I don't have the experience in dealing with a new dealer)

I am not advising that you to do anything shady, however have you considered investing around $100 to avoid the headache?

The Vortex V3 keyless fuel cap might be worth installing to eliminate any potential issues and it could be considered an upgrade to the dealer if he expects that someone would be likely to purchase the bike and dedicate it to track use.

Vortex V3 Fuel Cap for Yamaha - RevZilla

Reactions: DarR and avigil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not advising that you to do anything shady, however have you considered investing around $100 to avoid the headache?

The Vortex V3 keyless fuel cap might be worth installing to eliminate any potential issues and it could be considered an upgrade to the dealer if he expects that someone would be likely to purchase the bike and dedicate it to track use.

Vortex V3 Fuel Cap for Yamaha - RevZilla
Yeah, I've actually have considered a keyless gas cap. I did want to turn the r6 to a track bike, but the panigale is very enticing.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Let enticement carry you away like a gentle current...

:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts