Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 959 Panigale in Red yesterday evening.

A ducati has always been in my heart as a dream bike and I realized the pricing was a bit high and figured one day I'll have one. I went to the dealership with the intention to purchase a new Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636 which happens to also be a dealer for a few makes including Ducati. While I focused on the Kawasaki my fiance wondered off to look at the other bikes and snooped over into the Ducati section. I've talked so much about the Ducati's in the past. As I was making my decision on which color to go with on the Kawasaki she walked back to me asking me to follow her. I told her I was not walking over there.... I didn't want to leave a bitter taste in my mouth by just window shopping the Ducati section knowing I wasn't getting one. I was under the impression that they started at $24,999 and was not aware of the 959 version for 2016. I had not been following Ducati that close since it was always more than I wanted to spend on a motorcycle

I continued to get things started on the Kawasaki and she kept nagging me being very persistent and telling me I was making a mistake and I needed to see this. I gave in and followed her to look at the Ducati section which had an awesome presentation area in the show room.

That's when I was introduced to the 959 Panigale in Red. It was sooo beautiful. I then told her to take a look at the price tag to prove my point (which I had not seen yet) and she said I have already seen the price tag MSRP $14,995. I was speechless!!!

I sat on it and I didn't want to get off the bike lol. I was in love with this bike. I wanted to hear it now. We went to the service department where they had one they could start up. I have not heard a Ducati in person other than on YouTube videos. Sales person told me the Ducati had its own unique sound.

Again I was in awe!!! What a beautiful yet deep aggressive growl it had. I was nothing but smiles and addicted to it as I tested the throttle and reved it up a few times. Needless to say I had to buy it. After working some numbers with the sales rep we got it down to just $55 more on the payment than the Kawasaki.

I can't say thank you enough to my fiance for her persistence, love and support that she gives me. Being new to the forum here... I'm not able to post pics yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats on the new revelation and welcome to the 959 owners club (and the forums).

...my fiance wondered off to look at the other bikes and snooped over into the Ducati section. I've talked so much about the Ducati's in the past.
I want to believe that your fiance had an ulterior motive and wanted you to splurge on something you'd been talking about for so long. The 959 just happened to be ripe, but I bet she would have been willing to support you getting the 1299 :p

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! My wife knew that the motorcycles came with me before we got married. 4 years and 2 bikes later she is still with me. Where in Ohio are you from?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About halfway between Cincinnati and Columbus.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm about 30mins from hillsboro and I'm about 10 mins from 71

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased a new 959 Panigale in Red yesterday evening.

A ducati has always been in my heart as a dream bike and I realized the pricing was a bit high and figured one day I'll have one. I went to the dealership with the intention to purchase a new Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636 which happens to also be a dealer for a few makes including Ducati. While I focused on the Kawasaki my fiance wondered off to look at the other bikes and snooped over into the Ducati section. I've talked so much about the Ducati's in the past. As I was making my decision on which color to go with on the Kawasaki she walked back to me asking me to follow her. I told her I was not walking over there.... I didn't want to leave a bitter taste in my mouth by just window shopping the Ducati section knowing I wasn't getting one. I was under the impression that they started at $24,999 and was not aware of the 959 version for 2016. I had not been following Ducati that close since it was always more than I wanted to spend on a motorcycle

I continued to get things started on the Kawasaki and she kept nagging me being very persistent and telling me I was making a mistake and I needed to see this. I gave in and followed her to look at the Ducati section which had an awesome presentation area in the show room.

That's when I was introduced to the 959 Panigale in Red. It was sooo beautiful. I then told her to take a look at the price tag to prove my point (which I had not seen yet) and she said I have already seen the price tag MSRP $14,995. I was speechless!!!

I sat on it and I didn't want to get off the bike lol. I was in love with this bike. I wanted to hear it now. We went to the service department where they had one they could start up. I have not heard a Ducati in person other than on YouTube videos. Sales person told me the Ducati had its own unique sound.

Again I was in awe!!! What a beautiful yet deep aggressive growl it had. I was nothing but smiles and addicted to it as I tested the throttle and reved it up a few times. Needless to say I had to buy it. After working some numbers with the sales rep we got it down to just $55 more on the payment than the Kawasaki.

I can't say thank you enough to my fiance for her persistence, love and support that she gives me. Being new to the forum here... I'm not able to post pics yet

Well honey, life is too short not to go after what makes you happy! I knew you would like it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in Dayton - kettering / oakwood area, but I always ride down south, east of cincinnati.

Ah awesome, next time your down this way, give me a shout man. I'll introduce you to Black Betty.

As I said before the Ducati was my dream bike and the Panigale became the one. Black Betty was my dream car through my younger years.

Here is how I got her... Black Betty:

And this is what Black Betty looks like now after getting outfitted with a wide body kit from Strosek out of Germany:

Can't wait to see the Panigale parked next to her.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well she finally made it home and I had to get a pic next to the Z.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Well honey, life is too short not to go after what makes you happy! I knew you would like it!

Is this the fiancé?

Great story! Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup, she joined the forums. She really is awesome. I was talking to her this morning about doing the rear fender eliminator and low beams. She's anxious to go for ride with me. She really awesome and I'm very lucky. On a side note she really really likes the bike. She has good taste in things

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She loves the bike as much as I do. Of course she always reminds me.... "Aren't you glad I interrupted your sales with the Kawasaki ZX6R and found you this bike" lol. She's got a point!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts