Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been lurking around the past few months since picking up a 2016. Found a lot of good info here... Been riding for 17 yrs, was a track junkie for 6 of them, but now just street. previous bikes were gsxr750 and kawi 636.

I don't go heavy on the mods, just need a few more and she'll be done. So far got the performance seat, nrc fek and block offs, lightech clutch guard, cnc racing barend mirror, stompgrip, engine ice and motul 600. Looking to figure out how to make rear exit Termis fit. Need the cowl and I keep reading about a radiator guard so it's a must now lol. Also need to do a little safety wiring just in case the track bug bites me. Anyway ✌🏾

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Been lurking around the past few months since picking up a 2016. Found a lot of good info here... Been riding for 17 yrs, was a track junkie for 6 of them, but now just street. previous bikes were gsxr750 and kawi 636.

I don't go heavy on the mods, just need a few more and she'll be done. So far got the performance seat, nrc fek and block offs, lightech clutch guard, crg rocket barend mirror, stompgrip, engine ice and motul 600. Looking to figure out how to make rear exit Termis fit. Need the cowl and I keep reading about a radiator guard so it's a must now lol. Also need to do a little safety wiring just in case the track bug bites me. Anyway ✌🏾
Welcome bud. Bike looks sweet. I too recently bought a 2017 also in AWS. I installed R&G radiator guards and they do an amazing job, so I do recommend it. They also come in black but I think the red looks better on our matte finish. Dingo who is a member and also a great help like everyone here, suggested to check out Ducati Omaha website. They have lots of parts and you will be able to find your seat cowl there.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome bud. Bike looks sweet. I too recently bought a 2017 also in AWS. I installed R&G radiator guards and they do an amazing job, so I do recommend it. They also come in black but I think the red looks better on our matte finish. Dingo who is a member and also a great help like everyone here, suggested to check out Ducati Omaha website. They have lots of parts and you will be able to find your seat cowl there.
That red does look good... I already have a healthy cart started at ducati omaha. I need to trim it down some lol. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
98 Posts
That red does look good... I already have a healthy cart started at ducati omaha. I need to trim it down some lol. Thanks for the heads up
Anytime bud. I am anew rider and you have 17 years of experience over me. You know way more about bikes than I probably do, but if you have any questions, I will try & be as helpful as I can be. I gonna be doing some tail tidy install mods along with the comfort seat during winter storage months. Then let's see what spring and summer brings :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any new updates on your bike?
You won't believe it but I am still waiting on the Seal Mate order :( Not sure whether it's been lost in the mail or not, but it'd been like 2 weeks already. I will wait a few more days and then contact them to see what's going on.

On the other hand, I just bought Dynamoto stands for the bike. Not sure if you heard of that brand. They will be delivered in a couple of weeks. I will post the pics when I get them. Other than that, just riding the bike as much as I can. It's getting cold now and raining a lot, so not a hell of a chance to ride much. How about you...any updates?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any new updates on your bike?
Hey, only updates are puig dark smoke windscreen, woodcraft axel sliders and took the cylinder head covers off. Passenger seat cowl is in transit. Thought I scored Termis, but the seller never shipped, so hopefully paypal gets my bread back. Will probably buy a cheapo oil cooler guard. I'm on the fence about the clear clutch cover and will probably just powder coat the rearsets satin black

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey, only updates are puig dark smoke windscreen, woodcraft axel sliders and took the cylinder head covers off. Passenger seat cowl is in transit. Thought I scored Termis, but the seller never shipped, so hopefully paypal gets my bread back. Will probably buy a cheapo oil cooler guard. I'm on the fence about the clear clutch cover and will probably just powder coat the rearsets satin black
Nice upgrades. I will be getting the rear seat cowl later as well along with the comfort seat. As far as the clutch cover, I haven't fully decided, but the tail tidy is 100% on my list. Wintertime helps me save money and do mods..Lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice upgrades. I will be getting the rear seat cowl later as well along with the comfort seat. As far as the clutch cover, I haven't fully decided, but the tail tidy is 100% on my list. Wintertime helps me save money and do mods..Lol
Yep winter is a gift and a curse lol. I'm told the knock off cowls match ducati red perfect for 50 bucks vs 300 for oem. I would've went that route but the white ones don't match. Tail tidy 100% is a must. Can't say I'd recommend the nrc one though. Something about it is off imo, but it's super bright, so chose it over the competition works integrated light

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep winter is a gift and a curse lol. I'm told the knock off cowls match ducati red perfect for 50 bucks vs 300 for oem. I would've went that route but the white ones don't match. Tail tidy 100% is a must. Can't say I'd recommend the nrc one though. Something about it is off imo, but it's super bright, so chose it over the competition works integrated light
Same here. I too am going with Competition Werks Integrated taillight and remove the rear pegs as well. My stands are on route, so hopefully sometime next week I will get them. Will post pics when I do

·
Registered
103 Posts
I stayed away from the clear cover. I don’t trust it I like metal. Although they look nice. I’m looking at other options that can help with the heat around the clutch

I am not sure what tail lights were replaced I think it’s the comp works but I love them.

Make sure you have the Ducati throttle spacers makes life amazing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I stayed away from the clear cover. I don’t trust it I like metal. Although they look nice. I’m looking at other options that can help with the heat around the clutch

I am not sure what tail lights were replaced I think it’s the comp works but I love them.
View attachment 28797

Make sure you have the Ducati throttle spacers makes life amazing.
I think they are Comp Werks too. I am still thinking about the clear cover. I have other important mods first to look into :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yea it’s a pricy mod but I don’t really see the advantage. The MWR air filter, throttle spacers are much better spends of the money with better out comes. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
That tail looks super clean.
My cowl came in. Last ride for the season. now have the winter to gather the rest of the mods for next yr
Looks sweet. I will be doing mine in the winter as well. We got a bit of snow a week ago and they salted the roads, so even though as is clear, I am not gonna ride anymore as we didn't get enough rain to wash any of that crap away :(
So now waiting for the stands....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome bud. Bike looks sweet. I too recently bought a 2017 also in AWS. I installed R&G radiator guards and they do an amazing job, so I do recommend it.
Hey fellas, look behind your guard for leaks...

So I got the deici83 guard. The install was more difficult than expected as one of the bolts was super tight. Stripped the hex hole. Ended up using a dremel to cut a slit in the head so that I could remove it with a screwdriver. I get it off and then I see OIL. Turns out this is a frequent problem as it screws into the threaded head of the bolt that secures the cam covers. It was so tight that I ended up backing out the bolt on the horizontal head, So now need a new gasket. Wish I would've chose the side mounted guard or done a little more homework prior

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey fellas, look behind your guard for leaks...

So I got the deici83 guard. The install was more difficult than expected as one of the bolts was super tight. Stripped the hex hole. Ended up using a dremel to cut a slit in the head so that I could remove it with a screwdriver. I get it off and then I see OIL. Turns out this is a frequent problem as it screws into the threaded head of the bolt that secures the cam covers. It was so tight that I ended up backing out the bolt on the horizontal head, So now need a new gasket. Wish I would've chose the side mounted guard or done a little more homework prior
Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. I installed the R&G ones almost two months ago and no leaks so far. I will check on the bike later today and take a look. I got my stands last week and snow yesterday, so it's put away for the season. Will let you know if I see any oil. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Couple winter mods went on today. Termis, clear clutch cover and spring retainer. Actually liked the stock retainer better. The black ring doesn't look right without the pressure plate imo. Also polished the header and tried to give it a satin finish (still in progress). Most likely try a led bulb for the headlights, powdercoat the rearsets, and that's it...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts