Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just took delivery of a 2016 959. Traded up from a 2018 Supersport S. Had a full Akrapovic system on the SS and it was good but always wanted a 959.
Had the 959 out for a couple of rides (weather in London still quite cold!). I love it but have one question. I am riding in sport mode. Regular settings but with EBC turned off. The bike is idling at about 15. The thing is that if I am in first the bike will pull to about 10mph and stay there with no throttle at all. It is 15 mph for second and 20mph for third. I am wondering is this normal? None of the other bikes that I have had (quite a few) have not had this “issue”.
Is the throttle stuck open somewhat or is it just the way the bike is set up?
Hope this is not a stupid question.
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys just took delivery of a 2016 959. Traded up from a 2018 Supersport S. Had a full Akrapovic system on the SS and it was good but always wanted a 959.
Had the 959 out for a couple of rides (weather in London still quite cold!). I love it but have one question. I am riding in sport mode. Regular settings but with EBC turned off. The bike is idling at about 15. The thing is that if I am in first the bike will pull to about 10mph and stay there with no throttle at all. It is 15 mph for second and 20mph for third. I am wondering is this normal? None of the other bikes that I have had (quite a few) have not had this “issue”.
Is the throttle stuck open somewhat or is it just the way the bike is set up?
Hope this is not a stupid question.
Cheers
I cannot give you exact numbers on top of my head, will need to try it out, but it sounds about right with my 959. It is angry at low speed. I believe it is normal for big L twins. I had MT-07 before, it was somewhat big twin and was also not very happy with low speed and idling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts