Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
You're right! lol I'm just starting off though and would like to move onto a bigger bike like this 959!

For sure, insurance is another thing LOL

is it costly for you ?:surprise:
What license do you currently hold? SS insurance is only cheap in Ontario if you have 6 years of riding experience and are above 25 (luckily for me, i turn 25 the day i pick up the bike). Otherwise, they will rape you like no tomorrow. Insurance is decent for me, so that wasn't really a problem!

What bikes have you previously ridden? If this is your first bike, i advise you to start off with a beginner bike and build some insurance experience, and sell the back after a year or two, will help you a lot with insurance and good riding experience.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Hey!

Hi and welcome Jeff,
Per Gurneet, I'm also picking-up my purchase soon.
As for mods, here's my short list:

T-Rex Engine Sliders and Axle Slider Kit
Radiator/Oil Cooler Guard
Short Levers
Throttle spacer
Sato Helmet Lock

Phase 2 includes:
NRC Fender Eliminator Kit plus a few other mostly cosmetic items.
Maybe a thicker seat if the stock one proves too hard.
Hi DarR!

Congrats on your purchase!

When are you picking up your ride?

Sounds like one hella awesome package bro!

Excited for you!

Is this your first bike?

Discussion starter · #23 ·

What license do you currently hold? SS insurance is only cheap in Ontario if you have 6 years of riding experience and are above 25 (luckily for me, i turn 25 the day i pick up the bike). Otherwise, they will rape you like no tomorrow. Insurance is decent for me, so that wasn't really a problem!

What bikes have you previously ridden? If this is your first bike, i advise you to start off with a beginner bike and build some insurance experience, and sell the back after a year or two, will help you a lot with insurance and good riding experience.
I currently hold the M2.

SS eh? I'll look into that.

I'm still fairly new bro... lol

I've ridden my friends bike the ninja 250 and tried the new ninja 300.

In terms of purchase, it'll be my first bike! haha

I've been told that I should just go for a 250 to start off and yeah just like you mentioned.. build exp.

I currently hold the M2.

SS eh? I'll look into that.

I'm still fairly new bro... lol

I've ridden my friends bike the ninja 250 and tried the new ninja 300.

In terms of purchase, it'll be my first bike! haha

I've been told that I should just go for a 250 to start off and yeah just like you mentioned.. build exp.
I would look into a ninja 300 or a r3, those are pretty good bikes. You can even try touring bikes as they are not expensive on insurance. Majority of the insurances that will touch sports bike require you to have your license for at least 6 years or they just charge you ridiculous premiums.

If i were in your shoes, it makes no sense to buy a sports bike, and then pay like 5-6k a year to insure it unless you have money to blow. So my honest opinion would be wait until you get your M, have 6 years experience, and then look at sports. If you are over 25, that will definitely help your insurance rates and also having a clean record.

Ps. SS is supersports, was too lazy to type the whole thing ahaha

Hi DarR!

Congrats on your purchase!
When are you picking up your ride?
Sounds like one hella awesome package bro!
Excited for you!
Is this your first bike?
Thanks. This 959 will be my fourth bike but it's my first Ducati.:cool:

I just arranged for delivery April 6th! Now I hope time just flies ahaha.
I'm jealous :smile2:. Mine is still in the crate. Got to wait a bit more as we're expecting some snow here in Ottawa.
I'm driving down to Toronto this weekend for easter where I'm sure to be envious of Toronto weather.

I'm jealous :smile2:. Mine is still in the crate. Got to wait a bit more as we're expecting some snow here in Ottawa.
I'm driving down to Toronto this weekend for easter where I'm sure to be envious of Toronto weather.
Our weather is pretty garbage, i initially wanted to ride her home, but that's not happening, so rather have it delivered so i can at least admire her close up ahha.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
lol

I would look into a ninja 300 or a r3, those are pretty good bikes. You can even try touring bikes as they are not expensive on insurance. Majority of the insurances that will touch sports bike require you to have your license for at least 6 years or they just charge you ridiculous premiums.

If i were in your shoes, it makes no sense to buy a sports bike, and then pay like 5-6k a year to insure it unless you have money to blow. So my honest opinion would be wait until you get your M, have 6 years experience, and then look at sports. If you are over 25, that will definitely help your insurance rates and also having a clean record.

Ps. SS is supersports, was too lazy to type the whole thing ahaha
Thanks for the recommendations!

My buddy does have the ninja 300 and loves it.

Good to know that touring bikes are cheaper on insurance! :grin2:

I wish I had the money to blow! I would totally buy these bikes for display LOL jk :wink2:

but damnnn 6 years so long! lol!

LOL thanks bro! I was tripping out and thought SS was an insurance company LOLLL my bad.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
yikes

Is Ottawa still snowing?

Toronto is like icy and snowing at the moment :( So much for that one weekend were we had like 18C for one day and it all went down the hill from that day until today..

Post some pics when you get yours!! :D

Thanks for the recommendations!

My buddy does have the ninja 300 and loves it.

Good to know that touring bikes are cheaper on insurance! :grin2:

I wish I had the money to blow! I would totally buy these bikes for display LOL jk :wink2:

but damnnn 6 years so long! lol!

LOL thanks bro! I was tripping out and thought SS was an insurance company LOLLL my bad.
Ahaha yeah, i figured as much! It's always good to shop around, if you are going with beginner bikes, statefarm is extremely competitive. Also, give cornerstone brokers a call and speak to Carlos (tell him gurneet referred me). I just went with my buddy last week to pick up a ninja 300 as his first bike, they got some really good deals on them right now.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Ahaha yeah, i figured as much! It's always good to shop around, if you are going with beginner bikes, statefarm is extremely competitive. Also, give cornerstone brokers a call and speak to Carlos (tell him gurneet referred me). I just went with my buddy last week to pick up a ninja 300 as his first bike, they got some really good deals on them right now.
Sweet! Thanks bro!

I'm definitely shopping around haha!

Statefarm eh? Aren't they the most expensive ones out there?

Ninja 300 having a deal? or the broker? lol

:surprise:

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Ottawa weather is awful. Not riding conditions unless you have one of these Panegelati (see photo) :cool:
Yikes! I'm glad Toronto has been okay so far, minus the rain we had the other day and yesterday.

LOL! Sweet ride in the photo! haha, could you just imagine riding in the snow with that! what fun it would be lol! :laugh:

Sweet! Thanks bro!

I'm definitely shopping around haha!

Statefarm eh? Aren't they the most expensive ones out there?

Ninja 300 having a deal? or the broker? lol

:surprise:
Statefarm is really cheap for beginner bikes from what i noticed. There are deals going on 2015 ninja 300 for like $5200 OTD or maybe lower. Carlos will only be cheap if you have riding experience, if you are a new rider (recently got your m1), then try statefarm.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Statefarm is really cheap for beginner bikes from what i noticed. There are deals going on 2015 ninja 300 for like $5200 OTD or maybe lower. Carlos will only be cheap if you have riding experience, if you are a new rider (recently got your m1), then try statefarm.
I know for auto it was sky high for me. Thanks for the tip bro! I'll check it out soon, when I figure what bike I want to get as a starter lol.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.