Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day all,

new member from Perth, Australia.

Purchased my first Ducati a couple weeks ago after being on Jap bikes for last 12 years. New 959 with full Akra system. I test rode the F3 800, Daytona 675 and the 959. Daytona was by far the smoothest and most comfortable ride but the 959 was just a beast I couldn't say no to. The wife is pretty happy but doesn't like the fact no bitches seat with a full exhaust ... (oops how terrible :p)

I do have the dreaded 959 starting issues which lead me to this site. Dealer is saying upmapping issue but I don't believe that and having read about it on here it's safe to say it's not just a simple re-map of my current key to fix it.

anyway look forward to reading plenty on here

thanks
Viper

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry you're experiencing starting issues - and happy riding over there!

let's see pics when u can!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Take up this cold start issue with your dealer. Mine's (hopefully) gone away since I had my first service.

Reactions: Viper

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all :)

dropped her in today for a new ECU ... apparently Ducati want the whole ECU changed that has new software mapping on it even though mine has been re-mapped.

see if it gets better.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

The wife is pretty happy but doesn't like the fact no bitches seat with a full exhaust ... (oops how terrible :p)
Time to get her to get her own 959? :D

Reactions: Viper

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she's got a GPX250 out the back she never rides and I also have a ZX6R she can ride before she gets a Duc :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did it work?

Yes it did apparently but they put mine back in until Ducati offically release the software for production to the public.

it's in the starting issues thread. bit pissed about how they handled it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts