Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g'day all,

new member from Perth, Australia.

Purchased my first Ducati a couple weeks ago after being on Jap bikes for last 12 years. New 959 with full Akra system. I test rode the F3 800, Daytona 675 and the 959. Daytona was by far the smoothest and most comfortable ride but the 959 was just a beast I couldn't say no to. The wife is pretty happy but doesn't like the fact no bitches seat with a full exhaust ... (oops how terrible :p)

I do have the dreaded 959 starting issues which lead me to this site. Dealer is saying upmapping issue but I don't believe that and having read about it on here it's safe to say it's not just a simple re-map of my current key to fix it.

anyway look forward to reading plenty on here

thanks
Viper

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry you're experiencing starting issues - and happy riding over there!

let's see pics when u can!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Take up this cold start issue with your dealer. Mine's (hopefully) gone away since I had my first service.

Reactions: Viper

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all :)

dropped her in today for a new ECU ... apparently Ducati want the whole ECU changed that has new software mapping on it even though mine has been re-mapped.

see if it gets better.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

The wife is pretty happy but doesn't like the fact no bitches seat with a full exhaust ... (oops how terrible :p)
Time to get her to get her own 959? :D

Reactions: Viper

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
she's got a GPX250 out the back she never rides and I also have a ZX6R she can ride before she gets a Duc :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts