Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I purchased my first Ducati this past September, which turned out to be a great decision. Since the 1990's, I've owned other sportbikes, i.e. Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and still own an 06 Yamaha R1. This year was the time to get a new bike. At first, it was going to be a 2016 R1, but after many reviews (articles/videos) of the 959 and 1299, the 959 was the winner. I just needed to figure out which color, red or white.

I posted a pic of the white and red 959 on my Facebook page and asked friends which color did they prefer. The red version won, 18 red/13 white. So a couple weeks later, it was off to my nearest Ducati dealer and purchased a brand new red 959. During the first week of ownership, parts/upgrades were ordered. After about 700 miles clocked in, the first service was completed. And more parts ordered.

After getting most of the parts bolted on, she was ready for the track. Took her out to Laguna Seca and had a blast. The 959 is definitely agile and fun to ride on the track. Although the 959 is not a heavyweight, like my R1, I'd definitely prefer the 959 over the R1 on the track any day.

Cheers for now,
Junior

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome Junior and enjoy the bike... Get some pics up so we can see her.

You mentioned you purchased a few things for it and off to the track you went. What all did you get for her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Must be awesome to be so close to Laguna Seca!

·
Registered
57 Posts
welcome ... love to know what you purchased. I'm about to get some shorty levers and few other bits and bobs.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Welcome! Congrats and welcome to the family also! I'm guessing that a new exhaust wasn't one of the items on your list, seeing that LS has noise restrictions and all... Next year will be my year!
I second the pics request!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Living near Laguna Seca is convenient, I'm about 15minutes away from the track, just wish track days were offered every month at Laguna lol.

Parts on the bike now:
CNC Racing- rear sets, shorty levers, bar ends, rear stand spools.

Woodcraft-Clip Ons and steering damper bracket.

NRC- fender eliminator kit, mirror block off turn signals.

Misc-throttle spacer kit, pro grips.

Still waiting for these parts to arrive: Duc Performance seat cowl, R&G radiator guards, cnc racing quick release fuel cap.

And a Gorilla 9100 alarm, EK 3D chain & Superlite 45t rear sprocket, I haven't installed yet.

I'm sticking to the oem exhaust cause of Laguna's sound restriction and not sure I'd spend the $$$ on an aftermarket at this point.

I'll post up pics asap.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Nice! Did you paint steering head or anodize it? same with the steering damper and piston?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The cell phone mount is a GPS/Camera mount by Motodracing.com

The triple clamp and steering damper were painted flat black with duracoat. The piston was already ano'd black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts