Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I`m from Germany moved to Brisbane a year ago. My dream finally came true as I bought my brand new 959 panigale in silk white three weeks ago.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats.
Riding around Brisbanes surrounding mountains at this time of the year is the time to be out there!
Go hard!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, I already took her out twice to the mountains. **** of fun. Unfortunately I picked up a screw in my rear tyre the first week. So she spend already time in the workshop. Very unlucky.
Also a bit confusing is that I've got the cold start issue too since day 1 😒

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh yeah, I already took her out twice to the mountains. **** of fun. Unfortunately I picked up a screw in my rear tyre the first week. So she spend already time in the workshop. Very unlucky.
Also a bit confusing is that I've got the cold start issue too since day 1 😒
Hopefully they get it sorted! mine sat for the first week unused with temps at 5c it fired up perfectly. I do leave mine on a maintenance charger but that shouldn't make any difference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome! I've covered close to 6000k on mine so far.

Cold start is an ongoing issue. This is the best way to deal with it:

1: Crank bike as per normal, if it doesn't fire after a few rotations, STOP!
2: Turn the key to the OFF position and let it sit for 90 seconds. The ECU will cycle down and make a clicking noise.
3: Crank the bike and it should fire almost immediately.
4: Ride and enjoy the **** out of it!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the starting issues from day 1.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi all, I`m from Germany moved to Brisbane a year ago. My dream finally came true as I bought my brand new 959 panigale in silk white three weeks ago.
Congrats! and Welcome.. I got mine this past weekend. Already over 300 miles :) Can't wait to get over the break-in period!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help. I dev keep it in mind for the next cold start. But still hoping Ducati will fix that issue at the first service!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Congrats on the bike, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey just picked mine up today. Was anyone from this forum heading north towards Sunny Coast today an a AWS. Passed it on my down to collect my one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts