Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? I just picked up a new 959 today and rode it home. Coming from a 848 EVO its a totally different feeling, it didn't want to shake my arms apart when holding on to the bars. The turn it felt a lot easier, I didn't have to heave it over into a turn. Also, I surprised how compact the bike is, I dont feel like I am laying on my stomach as much as with the 848.

Pros So Far
Smoother engine
Turn in felt a lot easier
Stock pegs actually had some grip to them!
Digging the dash and different riding modes

Gripes
The exhaust heat under the seat
Leg kept hitting the clutch cover
Having to wait till 600 miles before I really open her up

Looking forward to talking with everyone on this forum and enjoying the 959.

John

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums!

Do you still have the 848? If I were to get another bike, for track or otherwise, the 848 EVO is probably at the top of my list.

Gripes
Leg kept hitting the clutch cover
I made the mistake of moving my bike after riding it with shorts on once. As you know, its easy to hit it; accidentally touched the clutch cover with bare shin, never again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums!

Do you still have the 848? If I were to get another bike, for track or otherwise, the 848 EVO is probably at the top of my list.

I made the mistake of moving my bike after riding it with shorts on once. As you know, its easy to hit it; accidentally touched the clutch cover with bare shin, never again.
Thanks! I still have the 848 and I highly recommend it for the track. It takes a little work ($$) to get right but once you have it settled in the thing will just ride on rails.

Welcome to the forums and congratulations ! What colour ??
Much appeciated. I purchased the 959 in Red.

Congrats and Welcome! I am in the 600 mile phase myself. If all goes well, I will have the oil change done by this weekend. Can't wait :)
Congrats! I have been putting on as much miles as I can and also can't wait for that first oil change at 600 miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Welcome, @MrDucOhio! What part of Ohio are you in? I think you will find the 959 worlds above the 848. I tracked an 848 for about 4 years and never felt comfortable with the front end. The Panigales are a huge improvement for Ducati. Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
slight correction: 621 miles is the first service (1000km)
:nerd:

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can really open her up after 1500 mikes (just saying) after you hit 600 you can go up to 7k rpms

·
Registered
118 Posts
This post needs photos of the 959 next to the EVO.

Reactions: Kevin.H

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This post needs photos of the 959 next to the EVO.
I will try to get some this weekend if the rain stays away and post them up.

Welcome, @MrDucOhio! What part of Ohio are you in? I think you will find the 959 worlds above the 848. I tracked an 848 for about 4 years and never felt comfortable with the front end. The Panigales are a huge improvement for Ducati. Enjoy it!!
I live in Columbus and I see you aren't too far away in Dayton. Do you head up to Mid-Ohio at all? If I wouldn't have spent so much time and money to get the 848 right, I probably would have sold it by now and already moved to the Panigale. Good to know that its that much of an improvement and looking forward to getting some miles on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts