Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
welcome! I'm a new owner from MA and also dealing with the heat issues. From my brief searches regarding the heat issues, getting the thicker Ducati Comfort seat can help, in addition there's a vendor named ducatispacers that sells a heat shield set. I plan on trying the comfort seat first since the stock seats are causing numbness after like 30 minutes of riding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
H

Congrats on the new bike trust me if you get the Ducati heat shield from the company you mentioned it makes all the difference in the world I live in New Orleans Louisiana and it gets 105° down here routinely and it makes the bike definitely more comfortable

Just got my 959. This is my second Ducati first was 2012 848evo with termignoni exhaust. That bike ran hot but not nearly as hot as this is there any quick fixes?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome and congrats.

Most of users who are dealing with heat issues, including me, realized that if you seat further back it also helps a lot.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
congrats on the new bike. It's early yet but how would you say it compares to your 848 EVO? That was always my dream bike but when I got to the point of actually buying a Ducati the 959 was out so I got that new instead obviously. Just curious how they compare in your experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 959 is more nimble in and out of traffic. Feels lighter and easier to maneuver. Not sure exact bike weight and size comparison. But 959 seems smaller. I like the 959 better but the bike runs much hotter. And I miss the pipes u Dee the seat

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also live and ride in CT. There are a bunch of controversial ways to reduce the heat on this bike. I went for Vanson leather pants and that works for me. I avoid stop and go traffic situation and hot days. I have other bikes for that duty.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Just got my 959. This is my second Ducati first was 2012 848evo with termignoni exhaust. That bike ran hot but not nearly as hot as this is there any quick fixes?
Congrats and welcome! Quick fix = don't slow down... lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts