Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I’m Joel I live in Las Vegas. I have been wanting a Ducati since I was a little kid. I almost got one back in 05 with the stacking head lights. But the dealer left town. Now over 15 years later I finally got one. I bought a used one from a friend in Cali. It’s a 2016 red 959. It only had 1000 miles on it when I got it. He was able to deliver it to me, gave me the stands and Italian tyre warmers. It was cherry. I had it take to an Ducati mechanic go through it replace the engine coolant add engine ice, all brake and clutch fluid replaced, chain adjusted, had rizoma reservoir put on. Then new Q3 Plus’s, and the Ducati performance seat. I did the oil change my self a couple hundred miles later with all Ducati parts and done to spec. I am doing the brake and clutch fluid my self now. I love this bike.
I have not ridden a bike in over a decade but nothing ever like this it’s amazing.

I’ve heard a ton of back and forth on how hot this bike is. It’s a performance super bike. I’ve seen a lot on here on this issue. I live in the desert with temps in summer 115F+. When carving in the twisties or riding on highways. Only heat I noticed heat in my left knee and right ankle.

If any of you are locals and would like to ride let me know. It is an amazing machine well worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Welcome - yep you picked a winner like the rest of us here! ;) Ride safe!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello All,

I’m Joel I live in Las Vegas. I have been wanting a Ducati since I was a little kid. I almost got one back in 05 with the stacking head lights. But the dealer left town. Now over 15 years later I finally got one. I bought a used one from a friend in Cali. It’s a 2016 red 959. It only had 1000 miles on it when I got it. He was able to deliver it to me, gave me the stands and Italian tyre warmers. It was cherry. I had it take to an Ducati mechanic go through it replace the engine coolant add engine ice, all brake and clutch fluid replaced, chain adjusted, had rizoma reservoir put on. Then new Q3 Plus’s, and the Ducati performance seat. I did the oil change my self a couple hundred miles later with all Ducati parts and done to spec. I am doing the brake and clutch fluid my self now. I love this bike.
I have not ridden a bike in over a decade but nothing ever like this it’s amazing.

I’ve heard a ton of back and forth on how hot this bike is. It’s a performance super bike. I’ve seen a lot on here on this issue. I live in the desert with temps in summer 115F+. When carving in the twisties or riding on highways. Only heat I noticed heat in my left knee and right ankle.

If any of you are locals and would like to ride let me know. It is an amazing machine well worth the wait.
Welcome & congrats on getting a Ducati. It's my first Ducati too. It for sure is an amazing machine. Ride safe bud

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice I love you went with the red on your bike. Mate you really need to get the Ducati Comfort seat. Better looks good too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts