Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone!

I've been a bit of a lurker here for a few months now, and decided to join because last week, I finally took the plunge, and purchased an Arctic White Silk 959 Panigale!!

My previous bike was an 06 Triumph Daytona 675 in red, though it's been almost three years since I've owned it.

Already want to send many thanks to the forum posters on here, who helped me be aware of the potential pros/cons of the bike.

Only been about 400 miles, but I'm in love with this bike. Can't wait for the break-in period to end.

-Cheers!

Charlie

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations ! As you should already expect .... Pictures please ! Have you done any paint protection as well ?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Cheers and congrats also! What I love most about the bike is the power is controllable- it's a new bike once you switch to RACE mode. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome!
Congrats on the new bike. Well done picking the faster (white) version of the 959.

Reactions: Dingo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
East Bay area here.. Pittsburg/Antioch. I work in Dublin.. which is right on the border with the south bay!! But fear not, bay area 959ers, I'll ride anywhere! lots of places all over the bay to ride.

pics: I'll email them to myself from my phone, yada yada technology, and have them posted.

bought the bike from livermore, made sure I got the comfort seat, solo cowl, and tank protector.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers and congrats also! What I love most about the bike is the power is controllable- it's a new bike once you switch to RACE mode. Enjoy!!!
I went from Wet mode to Sport.. that was a huge difference as it was, and I'm still in break-in period. Its funny what the extra 57hp does to your mpg.. unless I'm not filling the tank up enough. :smile2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum and congratulations ! As you should already expect .... Pictures please ! Have you done any paint protection as well ?
No paint protection yet, though I've bought some matte paint care from Dr Beasley's, should be here today. I believe there's a matte sealant in there somewhere..

Pics! One from her first day at home, and the others from my first ride. ** CAREFUL ** some pics may also include some RC8-R shots!

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use Dr. Beasley's Matte Shampoo and Chemical Guy's matte sealant on the fairings and other plastics. I use gold class on the wheels. FFS cleaning the front wheel is a PITA.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use Dr. Beasley's Matte Shampoo and Chemical Guy's matte sealant on the fairings and other plastics. I use gold class on the wheels. FFS cleaning the front wheel is a PITA.
I haven't thought about wheel cleaning yet, but have had good luck with Gold Class in the past. I'll have to try out Chemical Guys sealant next time round. I like Chemical Guys products. I used their leather cleaner + serum on my Dianese jacket, and the darn thing looks new again you can't tell it's from 2008! My roomie's Joe Rocket jacket when from almost-black with dirt and grime back to its original white/silver. That was impressive! Should have taken before/after.

On a side-note.. I got some Dr Beasley's waterless matte wash, and their matte paint cleanser. Thinking of trying one of those on my helmet.. Matte-black hemlet...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I haven't thought about wheel cleaning yet, but have had good luck with Gold Class in the past. I'll have to try out Chemical Guys sealant next time round. I like Chemical Guys products. I used their leather cleaner + serum on my Dianese jacket, and the darn thing looks new again you can't tell it's from 2008! My roomie's Joe Rocket jacket when from almost-black with dirt and grime back to its original white/silver. That was impressive! Should have taken before/after.

On a side-note.. I got some Dr Beasley's waterless matte wash, and their matte paint cleanser. Thinking of trying one of those on my helmet.. Matte-black hemlet...
Dr Beasley's is pretty expensive. But I suppose you get more than you would think since you only use a cap at most to wash something like a bike. I inherited it from my brothers Matte C63 AMG. I don't know what i'll get after that's gone. Probably just Chemical Guy's stuff. They have the shampoo and the sealant for $50 bucks.

I have a matte black Shoei X-Fourteen. I just use water and a microfiber towel. I have some dog **** no-name matte spray cleaner from cycle gear that seems to do OK when I need to really get some nasty **** off of it. hehe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
as long as it doesn't hurt it, than its doing its job! lots of pissed off bugs out here. one left a trail from top-to-bottom of helmet.. little bugger.

·
Registered
117 Posts
East Bay area here.. Pittsburg/Antioch. I work in Dublin.. which is right on the border with the south bay!! But fear not, bay area 959ers, I'll ride anywhere! lots of places all over the bay to ride.

pics: I'll email them to myself from my phone, yada yada technology, and have them posted.

bought the bike from livermore, made sure I got the comfort seat, solo cowl, and tank protector.
My family lives in that area. There really are a lot of places to go ride.

Sounds like you got the dealership to hook you up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like you got the dealership to hook you up.
Eh, yes and no. I don't believe in being a super-moochie customer. A fair-deal all-around is all I ask. Which is what I got.

Dealers have to make a profit to keep the lights on. The trick is finding the balance between happy customers and profit margin. The sales manager was honest, straightforward I felt he actually listened to me. I'd recommend them, and they're the second-closest dealer to my house, close enough that I can build a business relationship with them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
...FFS? Lets pretend I don't know what that means..
For f ucks (censoring is stupid) sake. hehe
I would remove the front wheel entirely to detail it if it didn't mean stripping everything else off the wheel too.
I already put it on a front and rear stand to make it a little easier.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Eh, yes and no. I don't believe in being a super-moochie customer. A fair-deal all-around is all I ask. Which is what I got.

Dealers have to make a profit to keep the lights on. The trick is finding the balance between happy customers and profit margin. The sales manager was honest, straightforward I felt he actually listened to me. I'd recommend them, and they're the second-closest dealer to my house, close enough that I can build a business relationship with them.
Desmond and Nancy are cool people.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts