Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a video on of a 1299 on a dyno, on Termignoni's Fb, with an under-seat exhaust. Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Reactions: wxwax

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
that's perfect for a race bike, certainly not for my 959 that'll spend 95% of it's life on the street - no way am I putting the stock appendage back on to hold the license plate!!! If that's even possible...

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Wow! A new seat warmer...Cool... I mean hot!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
The rear cowling / seat looks strange.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
is this exhaust setup more efficient or something? Curious why termi would go this route instead of sticking with the forward or normal exit systems they have now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe this is for EU spec bikes, instead of the stock exhaust on the right side that they have.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd love to see one in person, on a 959.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see anything special about the rear end it just looks like the seat is off to me.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don't see anything special about the rear end it just looks like the seat is off to me.
It's a 1299, so there is no seat (stock at least), however the rear cowl cover and trim pieces are off.

The strange piece that @dougo1199 and @DarR are referring to I believe is that cantilever looking thing off the end of the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
is this exhaust setup more efficient or something? Curious why termi would go this route instead of sticking with the forward or normal exit systems they have now.
Just going off the video, there might be individual pipes to each cylinder? Just speculating, but maybe a side result of this testing is understanding whether or not having a manifold is beneficial; scavenging might not be a big factor for twins.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a 1299, so there is no seat (stock at least), however the rear cowl cover and trim pieces are off.

The strange piece that @dougo1199 and @DarR are referring to I believe is that cantilever looking thing off the end of the light.
Yeah. Either way, seat, no seat, un-installed cowl and side panels removed, your arrow appears to be pointing to the undertray, an OEM part on 1299s and 959s. At least thats how mine came :wink2:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah. Either way, seat, no seat, un-installed cowl and side panels removed, your arrow appears to be pointing to the undertray, an OEM part on 1299s and 959s. At least thats how mine came :wink2:
I guess you're right, just at that angle, looks a lot more square than it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not digging it, panigale undertail is incredibly beautifuly designed with US exchaust tucked tightly under the bike is a thing of beauty..
That pipe adds unecessary volume under the tail not to mention heat. But Euro specs guys might like it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I am not sure if I like it aesthetically or not, but it is nice to see more options popping up out there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not digging it, panigale undertail is incredibly beautifuly designed with US exchaust tucked tightly under the bike is a thing of beauty..
That pipe adds unecessary volume under the tail not to mention heat. But Euro specs guys might like it
That's one opinion. I'd love to see it in person so that I can make up my own mind.

·
487 Posts
that's perfect for a race bike, certainly not for my 959 that'll spend 95% of it's life on the street - no way am I putting the stock appendage back on to hold the license plate!!! If that's even possible...
Even with a race bike it isn't ideal. You want the weight to be as low as possible, and by moving the exhaust to the rear and up top you are moving the weight higher.

Sounds cool with all those pops and flames though!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Not digging it either. I remember when the 749/999 came out, there were companies that started making old style versions of the under-seat exhaust (dual cans). I think it messed up the design on those bikes just as this one does on the Pani. Not to mention throwing off the weight distribution in this case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts