Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for a bit and finally decided to make a profile. I started on a cbr250rr. From there I then purchased a 06 GSXR which I had a mishap with and laid it down which only resulted in some road rash. From there, I bought a 2011 R6 which was an amazing bike but I wanted my dream bike which was of course a Ducati. Now I have a 2016 Panigale 959 which I am absolutely in-love with. I only have some minor cosmetic modifications to the motorcycle for now but without further ado...

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Fantastic!!!! Love the pics with the fall. Especially that first one and third one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new toy!

First mods: sliders, seat, windshield, bar ends, and fender elim so far?

Reactions: Mike87

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome from MA! I'm new to the Ducati family as well. Picked up a 959 this past weekend but sent it right to winter storage. Have been kicking myself ever since as winter has not quite started. Still some nice riding weather out there. Nice fall shots you got there!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Welcome! Nice pics!

·
Registered
72 Posts
@gatesb77 - I'm guessing you don't have a little space to keep it yourself during the winter?

I do have a garage. But the free winter storage and spring prep won me over. I'll learn how to do it myself for next year so I can ride as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
@gatesb77 - my point is, if you keep it in your garage, there isn't anything special you need to do to it, providing you're able to at least start it once a week or so. All you've done by keeping it with the dealer is just that, keep it out of sight. There isn't any prep that's needed either if you just run it every now and then.
When I had my Honda years ago it was kept in a shed that had holes in its walls, snow would often come in and chill the place quick, I didn't have a battery tender on it and made sure I started it once a week and either ran it for 15 minutes or if it was wet (no ice) I'd go get gas which was less than a mile away. Did that for 10 years without an issue - I did have water wetter in it tho.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
@gatesb77 - my point is, if you keep it in your garage, there isn't anything special you need to do to it, providing you're able to at least start it once a week or so. All you've done by keeping it with the dealer is just that, keep it out of sight. There isn't any prep that's needed either if you just run it every now and then.
When I had my Honda years ago it was kept in a shed that had holes in its walls, snow would often come in and chill the place quick, I didn't have a battery tender on it and made sure I started it once a week and either ran it for 15 minutes or if it was wet (no ice) I'd go get gas which was less than a mile away. Did that for 10 years without an issue - I did have water wetter in it tho.
I think I'd rather have antifreeze than water wetter as far as winter storage goes.

Point is, he's right, they really don't need much for storage so long as it isn't tarped beside a snow bank..

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
the water wetter was for the track - Loudon didn't allow antifreeze in the bike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts