Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else see Dovi take the top speed record in Mugello in FP2 - 356.4 kmh / 221.45 mph.

Although right after, there was that very horrific crash from Pirro.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Incredible speeds, and to do it again and again for 23 laps?? True gladiators.

Amazing Pirro had enough grip at 210mph to throw it right over the bars. The g-forces these guys play with are impressive.

Moto3 has amazing races there, everyone jockeying for being 3-7th by the last turn to draft the main straight.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I had my dash read 167mph today (I was running out of road, but the front tire was starting to shake too-probably because I'm due for a new one)... close to 157mph actual - last time I did that was on my CBR600F3 back in 1998 LOL gotta laugh at those insane speeds those pro's run - I don't have those ball$

·
Registered
208 Posts
Whats even more insane is where they do it. That crest at Mugello acts as a ramp at those speeds. It makes the backstraight at VIR seem like childs play and that will give you a headshake when you come up on it at 170 mph.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moto3 has amazing races there, everyone jockeying for being 3-7th by the last turn to draft the main straight.
I agree, Moto3 races are very entertaining. In groups, rider in 12th can go to 1st with the slipstream.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats even more insane is where they do it. That crest at Mugello acts as a ramp at those speeds. It makes the backstraight at VIR seem like childs play and that will give you a headshake when you come up on it at 170 mph.
Yup, crazy. The headshake from Dani Pedrosa during qualifying today was ridiculous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts