Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Surprised they went away with underbelly, but I'm sure even with that setup, it's barely meeting Euro4. Not a fan of the exhaust, but the performance specs (power, weight) are insane.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love the look of the exhaust and hope they release it to the masses at some point. I wonder what the price will be compared to the current full underbelly exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be a lot!! lol! That's the result of their World Superbike efforts.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surprised they went away with underbelly, but I'm sure even with that setup, it's barely meeting Euro4. Not a fan of the exhaust, but the performance specs (power, weight) are insane.
I was talking to a guy from Detroit at the track this summer that has a Super Leggera as well as a 1299R track bike and he says the difference is unbelievable as far as performance and handling.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholders.
For me, I'd take the Panigale 1299S Anniversario above any other.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
It makes complete sense the performance is off the charts - the entire thing is carbon fiber where it counts! I want a set of those rear sets!!!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
@DarR - that Anniversario as pictured cost roughly $8K more because it has the "Performance" kit installed on it - it's an Option that comes separate than the bike in a Pelican travel case, and all the bits, exhaust, cf pieces, etc. need to be installed.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
@DarR - that Anniversario as pictured cost roughly $8K more because it has the "Performance" kit installed on it - it's an Option that comes separate than the bike in a Pelican travel case, and all the bits, exhaust, cf pieces, etc. need to be installed.
Oh!
Still looks sweet tho!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
It does!!! But I love the CF Swingarm of the 1299 Superleggera, so I'm biased ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It makes complete sense the performance is off the charts - the entire thing is carbon fiber where it counts! I want a set of those rear sets!!!
Yep! It's basically a WSBK machine with lights!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
So I've come to learn that the Superleggera swingarm is not complete carbon fiber like I thought... it's an imposter!! Its aluminum wrapped with carbon fiber - I'm so disappointed in Ducati...

·
Registered
892 Posts
So I've come to learn that the Superleggera swingarm is not complete carbon fiber like I thought... it's an imposter!! Its aluminum wrapped with carbon fiber - I'm so disappointed in Ducati...
I mean, its mostly carbon fiber, its not wrapped aluminum. The cylindrical parts are aluminum inserts, but the structural parts are carbon fiber. Where are you learning that its wrapped aluminum?

Ducati said:
The swingarm employs the same technology as the monocoque frame: high-strength carbon fibre and a high-temperature-resistant resin system with 7075 aluminium alloy inserts, co-laminated in the carbon fibre structure. The high-tech materials and production processes guarantee a weight saving of 900 g (1.98 lb), or 18% less than the aluminium swingarm of the 1299 Panigale.

Source

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Here's what my source showed me...
1st pic - swingarm is aluminum with a cf wrap... to be used on the 1299 SL - made by Ducati
2nd pic - BST's all carbon swingarm that'll be available in March
3rd pic - BST's all carbon airbox, no info on release date
@DJ Shrug - I read the same thing from the website - and when I saw the bike at the Long Beach Int Motorcycle Show it was an imposter - a standard 1299 with cf wheels and the SL plastics, except for the rearsets - they were from the new 1299 SL here's a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are you talking about the Superleggera 1299 that was just announced 2 weeks ago? The one that is $80K? There is a picture in their site, and yes, it looks like a mixture of carbon fiber and aluminum, but don't know if it is just wrapped in cf, that I guess, would be a very sloppy solution for something this high end, don't you think? Has somebody seen it in real life?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
...Has somebody seen it in real life?
the first pic I posted above is from the bike, that's what I was told

yes I do think it wouldn't fit the bill if it was cf wrapped Al - who knows perhaps something will change before its release, or perhaps my source is misinformed - time will tell

·
Registered
113 Posts
the first pic I posted above is from the bike, that's what I was told

yes I do think it wouldn't fit the bill if it was cf wrapped Al - who knows perhaps something will change before its release, or perhaps my source is misinformed - time will tell
From the picture, the finish doesn't look very sharp, maybe it's due to the rush to get it ready for the first public view. But from the pictures at the Ducati Site it looks awesome. Yeah, time will tell. Already bought a lottery ticket :grin2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts