Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

So excited to be riding street again!! I purchased a White 959 Thursday. Picked up a Shoei X14 and a Sena 20s.

Last night a met an 1199 owner, that was quick! Exchanged numbers and hopefully after my 600 mile service that is scheduled for next Wednesday we can go for a rip!

I have been riding dirt the past 6 years since I sold my street bike. Ready to put some miles in on the Duc.

Also bought some matte finish cleaner and wash today from Chemical guys. Hope it works out.

Tim

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

I'd love to get some feedback on the x14 after you've logged some hours with it!

I love chemical guys stuff, too. Great products at average joe prices.

Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new white 959!

How's the X14 feeling for you? I have the RF1200 and couldn't justify going any more than that, but curious to how the X14 feels/views in full tuck. My RF1200 puts me at my vision limit when in full tuck, so I can't really see anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome!

How are you liking the matte finish cleaner? I haven't heard bad things about chemical guys so expecting this to be good feedback.
Are you talking about the detail spray? If so it works really well. I ordered both the matte detail spray and the matte auto wash soap. I have not used the soap yet because I have just been spot cleaning it with the detail spray.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you talking about the detail spray? If so it works really well. I ordered both the matte detail spray and the matte auto wash soap. I have not used the soap yet because I have just been spot cleaning it with the detail spray.
i ordered the detail spray and the soap. My plan is the same as yours. Hopefully by just using the detail spray after i ride I will never have to fully wash the bike.

On previous bikes I have always used Honda Spray to wipe down the bike after riding.

A new learning curve with the matte finish.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If the Honda spray truly contains polishing elements, you're removing paint/clear coat/etc. every time you use it.

I just ride my 959 and at best, wash/wax it every 1000 miles which comes out to be monthly.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
@jax959- I only use the Honda spray... spray on a clean microfiber cloth, not heavy, a little goes a long way... wipe dirty bike, one section/portion at a time depending on how dirty the rag gets... then wipe down with a clean microfiber, after buff out the little cleaner that's left. I use one rag only on the wheels all the time, another rag for bodywork and a third for the windscreen only... can't have any scratches! but I'm anal about it and go thru a lot of rags!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.