Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

So excited to be riding street again!! I purchased a White 959 Thursday. Picked up a Shoei X14 and a Sena 20s.

Last night a met an 1199 owner, that was quick! Exchanged numbers and hopefully after my 600 mile service that is scheduled for next Wednesday we can go for a rip!

I have been riding dirt the past 6 years since I sold my street bike. Ready to put some miles in on the Duc.

Also bought some matte finish cleaner and wash today from Chemical guys. Hope it works out.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

I'd love to get some feedback on the x14 after you've logged some hours with it!

I love chemical guys stuff, too. Great products at average joe prices.

Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new white 959!

How's the X14 feeling for you? I have the RF1200 and couldn't justify going any more than that, but curious to how the X14 feels/views in full tuck. My RF1200 puts me at my vision limit when in full tuck, so I can't really see anything.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome!

How are you liking the matte finish cleaner? I haven't heard bad things about chemical guys so expecting this to be good feedback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Far no complaints on the x14. My vision is not compromised when in full tuck and I would give the helmet a thumbs up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome!

How are you liking the matte finish cleaner? I haven't heard bad things about chemical guys so expecting this to be good feedback.
Are you talking about the detail spray? If so it works really well. I ordered both the matte detail spray and the matte auto wash soap. I have not used the soap yet because I have just been spot cleaning it with the detail spray.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you talking about the detail spray? If so it works really well. I ordered both the matte detail spray and the matte auto wash soap. I have not used the soap yet because I have just been spot cleaning it with the detail spray.
i ordered the detail spray and the soap. My plan is the same as yours. Hopefully by just using the detail spray after i ride I will never have to fully wash the bike.

On previous bikes I have always used Honda Spray to wipe down the bike after riding.

A new learning curve with the matte finish.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
...On previous bikes I have always used Honda Spray to wipe down the bike after riding...
I'm curious as to why you stopped using the best product on the market and went with something else for your 959? :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm curious as to why you stopped using the best product on the market and went with something else for your 959? :confused:
I guess i am afraid of messing up the matte finish with a polish. Are others using the Honda spray on plastics of white 959?

·
Registered
892 Posts
If the Honda spray truly contains polishing elements, you're removing paint/clear coat/etc. every time you use it.

I just ride my 959 and at best, wash/wax it every 1000 miles which comes out to be monthly.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
@jax959- I only use the Honda spray... spray on a clean microfiber cloth, not heavy, a little goes a long way... wipe dirty bike, one section/portion at a time depending on how dirty the rag gets... then wipe down with a clean microfiber, after buff out the little cleaner that's left. I use one rag only on the wheels all the time, another rag for bodywork and a third for the windscreen only... can't have any scratches! but I'm anal about it and go thru a lot of rags!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts