Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my mod list grows i find myself thinking ....

( What should I do next )

Clutch - EVR Slipper Clutch
Rear Set - CNC Racing Adjustable Rearsets
Windscreen - Zero Gravity Marc 1
Stabilizer - Bitubo
Rear Shock - Bitubo
Wheels - RotoBox or BST
Front Fork Cartridges - Bitubo
Rear Chain & Sprocket , Front Sprocket - Undecided

what a conundrum...

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
1st world problems, bud...

I'd go adjustable rears or gearing.

If you're going to go tuned suspension you may as well hit it all at once, that way you can work out the kinks as a whole.

Just out of curiosity, with the means and desire to do all of this, what made you opt for this bike?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed ...

I was Thinking the same thing , but as i do my suspension they will be done at the same time that way to adjust to my body weight ...

Why I opted for this bike : Hmm that is a great question , Truly I've had a great number of bikes ( Honda , Yamaha , Harley ) are some of the brands
after riding the 959 Pani I loved everything about it ( power , weight , look , sound , handled ) so thought to myself why not and go for it so that's just what i did...

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I hear ya. I opted for the middleweight over big brother as well. Everyone has difference reasons I was just curious. Most people doing all the mods you are either do them to the 1199/1299 because that's top of the line and they have money to play or because they are purpose built machines. I figured if you were a track animal you'd already have established an order of merit for your money.

I find the 959 ergos much more practical than the 1199s which was the competitor. For my uses, this was the best possible Ducati.

Be sure to post pics of your mods as they trickle in!

Reactions: SixShock

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats just it i could have bought 1299 if wanted but why , power to weight on the 959 is amazing , thats like saying why does anyone build 600cc or 750cc if they could just buy 1000cc , its all about being able to do what bigger and more setup bike can do without buying a out the box racer ...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
What have you done so far?
R&G Racing frame sliders,
Axles sliders
Stand spools
Radiator grill/guard
Pazzo folding short levers
Throttle spacers
$5000+ in gear

...and the bike is still in the crate until next week:rolleyes:

Reactions: dougo1199

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Gear down big shifter, I think he meant the OP

;-)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Just having a bad wallet day...and I haven't even pressed the starter button yet.

Reactions: Kevin.H

·
487 Posts
R&G Racing frame sliders,
Axles sliders
Stand spools
Radiator grill/guard
Pazzo folding short levers
Throttle spacers
$5000+ in gear

...and the bike is still in the crate until next week:rolleyes:
Thinking of a fender eliminator?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Thinking of a fender eliminator?
It's on the list but way down there. I'm probably one of the few that don't mind the stock rear signals. I have ordered a personalized license plate and don't want it tucked-in deep near the exhaust. However, my stage 2 short list looks more or less like this in priority:

Comfort or Racing seat
Ram-Mount GPS bracket
R&G Lockstop Savers
USB/12v Power
Evotech Upper Cooler Guard
Forsaken Motorsports Clutch Cover Guard
Ducati Battery Maintainer - Charger
Pit bull Stands
Sato Tie Down Hook
Trailer
Dolly/Lift
NRC (or other) Fender Eliminator
Ducati Tank Protector
Rizoma (or CNC) clutch/brake fluid Reservoir

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Before you spend the $$ on a Ducati battery tender, check these out. I've been using the Sears brand on all my bike for years. They work great, are priced right, and have a 3 year replacement warranty. They have a new automatic digital version (pictured) for around $45, and an older model that you have to select the voltage for around $30. Both come with all the quick-disconnect connections to wire to the battery, etc...

When I picked up my 959, the dealer had a Ctek 3300 already wired in so I purchased that since I would have had to get another one anyway. That also seems like a very nice unit, although a bit more expensive @ around $70.

Attachments

Reactions: Ghettobird
1 - 13 of 13 Posts