Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start right off and say this may sound like an endorsement, and I guess it is, solely because it works! My problem was I couldn't get my white Dainese textile jacket clean. I tried washing it myself, treating the black road-grime spots with Shout, two times before I gave it to a professional shop to clean. After paying more than a hundred bucks to have it professionally cleaned and it not being any cleaner than if I had treated it with Shout, I gave up - and mentally decided the jacket now has "character". Then I read a couple of forum posts about camping gear, because I'm about to go for a weekend, and saw someone mention NIKWAX Tech Wash to get some dirt out of sleeping bags and ground blankets. I read it really works on hard to remove stains - and I thought, I'll give it a try on the jacket!
I bought the NIKWAX Kit that includes the Tech Wash and the TX.Direct Wash-In waterproofing. I followed the advice from others and pre-treated the really bad spots before washing the jacket - I used an old soft-bristle toothbrush. As I'm pre-treating I can see the grime fade, I couldn't believe it! I pre-treated the entire white portion of the jacket before putting it in the washer. I really didn't think the jacket would come out as clean as it did - it's nearly brand new again!!! The white is bright white again - this stuff is #1 on my list of items to use for cleaning your washable gear. If you own a textile jacket, NIKWAX Tech Wash is a must have item to keep it clean.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good to know. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts