Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike I recently bought had aftermarket mirrors since the originals are weak and broke. They were not wired to the turn signals, so I fished out the factory harness connectors and went to hook them up but they did not work, so I tested the factory wires with a multimeter and I have no signal from the factory harness to the plugs. I checked fuses, and the rear signals work fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you considered contacting the previous owner to ask what he/she did to the indicator wires? I have exactly the same job - replacing broken indicators with new ones. The stock indicators are so fragile, you only have to sneeze and they fall off!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it was technically 2 owners ago. Previous owner stated he was told they weren't hooked up and should just have to wire them in, and the only reason they weren't wired up was because they didn't come with a Duc plug and the guy didn't want to cut wires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having snapped both my indicators off, I attempted to screw/glue them back on.....but it was not a great success. So I have ordered some "aftermarket" indicators from the USA and I expect I will have the same issues with the new indicators not having the same plugs. I might have to get creative with some electrical connector blocks. Never a dull moment with a Ducati!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

Decided to look at this again and was ready to pull plastics and trace wires, went out the the garage, connected wires and signals worked. I did nothing different other than I had the bike on a trickle charger. So, I wired up some universal 2 pin connectors so I can easily disconnect for trackdays and now all is well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts