1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
892 Posts
Way to call him out on it haha. :p I like how there's Kruz sightings in the photos as well.

@O_O getting away from riding completely?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wife is making him sell everything to pay for a minivan with a kid on the way LOL.

Maybe he's upgrading to a 1299?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I was a little shocked and puzzled to see that, it really came out of nowhere, I thought he was crazy about his 959. He's selling his gear off too, which usually means they're done riding. I talked with him the other night and was hoping to convince him to keep it, he's going through some things right now so we'll see if he changes his mind.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi, being the broke guy I am, I wanted to see if anyone would bite and for how much if it's going to sit all winter. I have some tiny pride saying I should keep it because I knew what I was doing when I signed up for it and I don't want to be a quitter. My girlfriend moved in with me recently, we drove from Seattle to Dallas over thanksgiving. I started thinking about my tiny Mazda Miata and my 650 square foot apartment.

Kruz is right though, this bike is really good, but I feel that I need to exploit it more. More youtube videos, more riding. For a good portion of last year the bike was not being used because I was afraid that it wouldn't get me back home if I took it out, and that simply turned out to be a loose battery terminal connection.

I am not leaving just yet. I am trying to pull-through and stay on track with ownership until I pay off the thing (I took a loan against myself). The original plan was to pay it off in before November of this year and I'm going to stick to it.

There is also this thing with me about having capital. I want to have more money, so that I can invest or save for a house down payment. But like I said, I knew what I was doing doing when I signed up for it. :)

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Mario, well hope you keep the 959 and we can do more videos come spring time, our first one has gone viral, over 13 million hits so far......just kidding, I think it's just over 500.....but it's a start!

Hoping you guys get the finance thing worked out and things smooth out for you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi, being the broke guy I am, I wanted to see if anyone would bite and for how much if it's going to sit all winter. I have some tiny pride saying I should keep it because I knew what I was doing when I signed up for it and I don't want to be a quitter. My girlfriend moved in with me recently, we drove from Seattle to Dallas over thanksgiving. I started thinking about my tiny Mazda Miata and my 650 square foot apartment.

Kruz is right though, this bike is really good, but I feel that I need to exploit it more. More youtube videos, more riding. For a good portion of last year the bike was not being used because I was afraid that it wouldn't get me back home if I took it out, and that simply turned out to be a loose battery terminal connection.

I am not leaving just yet. I am trying to pull-through and stay on track with ownership until I pay off the thing (I took a loan against myself). The original plan was to pay it off in before November of this year and I'm going to stick to it.

There is also this thing with me about having capital. I want to have more money, so that I can invest or save for a house down payment. But like I said, I knew what I was doing doing when I signed up for it. :)

I don't know you or your situation intimately but I have to say I understand to some degree your feelings. I bought the 959 kinda on impulse. Long story short I ended up selling my r6 on impulse when someone offers me a fair price and decided instead of paying off the 959 I'd invest the r6 money as my "bike fund". There's a fine line to being smart and enjoying the few years we have on this planet. An incredibly hard decision is knowing that line. At the end of the day I work very hard for my money and bikes is my only real release from the crazy. Fortunate for me I have an incredible wife who recognizes my bike addiction is cheaper than a shrink or medication.

Weigh the decision and don't feel bad about what you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
@Kruz @O_O

Link to video(s)....

I just did the one video with O_O, the "Ducati Panigale Cruise with Kruz DFW" one. He's done several others by himself under the Muscle Team banner.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I enjoyed the 2nd video, especially the montage. Could not help but noticed the town center. Looks like a ghost town of activity. Where's that great economy the press is talking about?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I enjoyed the 2nd video, especially the montage. Could not help but noticed the town center. Looks like a ghost town of activity. Where's that great economy the press is talking about?

Hi Dar, that is Celina Texas, kind of out in the sticks right now, North of the DFW Metroplex and all farm country; but it's the next town that is going to boom and lose it's country charm as the suburbs move out that way.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Dar, the DFW metroplex area is undergoing a continuous economic boom, houses and new construction are going up everywhere and I had to get out of that rat race and move out into the country where life is slower and you can easily jump on a backroad and have a little fun. No more freeways for me and great twisty roads only a few minutes from where I live in Anna, about 20 miles East of Celina....I know, I need to change my avatar which still says Dallas.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fixed!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi Dar, the DFW metroplex area is undergoing a continuous economic boom, houses and new construction are going up everywhere and I had to get out of that rat race and move out into the country where life is slower and you can easily jump on a backroad and have a little fun. No more freeways for me and great twisty roads only a few minutes from where I live in Anna, about 20 miles East of Celina....I know, I need to change my avatar which still says Dallas.
I am somewhat south of there... perhaps 25 minutes by bike.

A group of us will meet about halfway up there and ride from Celina, through Weston, to just around that blue dot where Kruz lives early on clear Sunday mornings. It is way too congested closer in to the city no matter what day of the week it is.

It is as Kruz has pointed out - development is everywhere around that area now and soon the only moderately safe places to ride will be the tracks north and south of Fort Worth which is west of there. I am hopeful that the track that I posted they were building out will allow bikes as it will be much closer to me and likely a Frisbee throw from Kruz.

I would really like the chance to get up there and ride with you both when it warms back up.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I couldn't make it through that whole video.

Lol...those motovlogs are a hard act to pull off, I like the ones by Baron von Grumble but he's got that cool English accent and has BSB rider Alistair Fagan on a lot where they do some track day stuff and Euro touring on sportbikes.

Cycle Cruza not so much....

Try the second video, much better and O-O really nailed the editing on that one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am somewhat south of there... perhaps 25 minutes by bike.

A group of us will meet about halfway up there and ride from Celina, through Weston, to just around that blue dot where Kruz lives early on clear Sunday mornings. It is way too congested closer in to the city no matter what day of the week it is.
I ride up there a lot too. I usually spend most of the day to the west of 35 though, start on 455 and head up towards the border. Then I pass through the Celina area on the way back.

I've seen a red 899 out there a few times, always think "hey there goes sinjin." Haha.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts