Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say that IMO the kickstand is a bit flimsy. For a brand new bike and the $$$ laid out for it Im not confident when the bike is sitting on this thing. It seems to move quite a bit and doesn't ever seem to sit flat.

On another note It really irks me that it is right below the foot peg, which again IMO makes it tricky at times to grab easily with my foot.

Anyone else feel the same? If So, any recommended replacements?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Let me start with - it looks the part on this bike... sleek and aggressive looking. I think it does the job rather well. Mine doesn't have any play, like yours seems to have @Feragne959 . It's easy to clean also. I do agree that the placement of the "pick" when it's up can take a couple tries to grab with my boot, but that's just nit-picking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree it may be "nit picking" but still an inconvenience none the less. The "play" is only when its out. When its up its secure.
The bike leans on it and it shimmies around at the slightest manipulation of the (parked) bike. Its almost like an over toggle, like it has an extra extension point but springs back to the "normal".
I don't get that warm fuzzy when Im wrenching on it. I prefer to put it on stands, it makes me feel better.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I agree it may be "nit picking" but still an inconvenience none the less. The "play" is only when its out. When its up its secure.
The bike leans on it and it shimmies around at the slightest manipulation of the (parked) bike. Its almost like an over toggle, like it has an extra extension point but springs back to the "normal".
I don't get that warm fuzzy when Im wrenching on it. I prefer to put it on stands, it makes me feel better.
Which is the right thing to do when wrenching on a bike anyway...

Regardless, if my side stand drags a little I can see it flex easily so I get where you're coming from. That said, it's meant for a compressive force not torsional rigidity.

1. Position the bike.

2. Adjust the bars.

3. Lay to rest on the side stand.

37x pound dry weights on a $15k bike don't come from magnesium wheels and full carbon fiber fairings :wink2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have to say that IMO the kickstand is a bit flimsy. For a brand new bike and the $$$ laid out for it Im not confident when the bike is sitting on this thing. It seems to move quite a bit and doesn't ever seem to sit flat.

On another note It really irks me that it is right below the foot peg, which again IMO makes it tricky at times to grab easily with my foot.

Anyone else feel the same? If So, any recommended replacements?

I can attest as to how sturdy our stands are because I've had it parked outside on a very windy day. I actually posted how windy it was and what a bad idea it was to ride that day. I think they said it was gusting up to about 50mph. I actually watched my bike the first 20min after I got into work because I was afraid it was going to get knocked over by the gusts of wind. I parked the bike leaning with the wind and the bike would move every time a gust of wind came, but the stand kept the bike up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take your words for it. In the past on my other bikes I just felt the stand gave me more confidence when parked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts