Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm wondering why I just paid my dealer 3x more than a K&N oil filter for the OEM Ducati filter. At around $12 vs. $31, it makes me wonder whether the OEM filter is "better" than the K&N equivalent and thus worth purchasing. I've always used Ducati OEM oil filters but perhaps it's time to switch?

Has anyone had any experience that would shed light on what makes sense here?

Cheers.
-Curly

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Can't really comment about their oil filters but their air filters are junk as far as filtration goes.
Sure, they flow but so does chicken wire.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Does anyone else have any experience with the K&N oil filter? Perhaps you could tell us about your experience.

It's just crazy that they are 3x less money than the OEM filter. Am I an idiot for buying the OEM filter every time?

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I've been using both the standard style and the inner-case Panigale type K&N filters for many years. The only issue I've come across is the "nut" on the bottom of the standard style can strip fairly easy. Last season the standard K&N filters were banned at some of the track day events due to some issues with leaks. No issues with the inner-case Panigale style that I've experienced or am aware of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts