Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
]ust one-week (one [email protected] week) into my Ducati Life and my rear is flat. I rode yesterday; walked into my garage this morning and a FLAT rear tire. The Good; the Bad and the Ugly. The Good; I spent a decent Sunday afternoon learning about tires. Although my Owner's Manual indicates Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa, since I am not a track guy the Rosso IIs or IIIs would satisfy my preferred riding surface. The Bad; I have to spend money out of necessity (need a new rear tire); instead of wanted modifications. The Ugly; since a motorcycle is nothing I "NEED" I followed my heart. I don't want to sour on Ducati because it becomes a money pit. However, BEAUTY can only go so far. All of you Panigale owners know exactly what I mean.

Thank you for permitting me to share with the Team!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m am not sure. I moved the bike a little and examined what I could with a flashlight; did not see any objects in the tire. I ordered Rosso IIs ($145). Hopefully, I do mean Hopefully this is just a blip and we can spend the next eight months just riding.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I’m am not sure. I moved the bike a little and examined what I could with a flashlight; did not see any objects in the tire. I ordered Rosso IIs ($145). Hopefully, I do mean Hopefully this is just a blip and we can spend the next eight months just riding.
Try to inflate the tire, maybe some ruffian let the air out of a perfectly fine tire. In any case, you should determine why the tire lost air to help you learn what hazards to avoid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can spray the tire with some soapy water after inflating to see if you spot any bubbles. The culprit could also be a bad valve stem. If you spray soapy water on the tire make sure to give it a good rinse/wash to ensure no slippery residue remains.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pard and Sdg24...we can give the ruffians a pass on this one😁
I’ve only had the bike for a week. I do not have swingarms spools and a faulty valve never crossed my mind. I will roll her around the garage this evening and see if I can inflate and detect the cause.
I will say, I have been involved with several forums, but Team Ducati is definitely the Best...Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
1) As the guys wrote, find out why it's flat.
2) If your bike is new, the tire may be a warranty claim if found defective.
3) I have Rosso 3's on my Monster and they're ok but not much more than that. Nothing wrong with the OEM Diablo RC for street riding IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts