Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Earlier this month there were speculations as to whether Jorge Lorenzo would take Ducati’s offer to switch over from Yamaha for the 2017 and 2018 MotoGP seasons. Well, the switch has confirmed and Lorenzo will officially ride in Ducati’s red and white for the next two years.

Rumors have been going around as to why he switched over. Maybe it was due to the lucrative €12 million per season deal that, maybe Lorenzo wanted to work with Gigi Dall'Igna once more, or maybe he was looking for a new challenge after eight very successful years in the MotoGP Championship.

"The challenge to try to win with another bike. The challenge, for me, after so many years in the world championship, is to give my maximum effort every day as I always try to do, because I think I am one of the most professional riders and my focus in my work is 100 per cent,” he said.

Lorenzo’s first ride on Ducati’s Desmosedici GP bike may happen right after the final round of the 2016 series and it’ll probably take place in Velencia but he probably won’t be able to talk about it until next year.

Think he’ll fare better than Rossi in his two year stint with Ducati in 2010 and 2011?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Good luck with that 99!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Even though he'll be riding a Ducati, it's still difficult for me to root for this pompous a** who blames everybody but himself when he doesn't win. Ducati Corse better have the perfect bike for him to race or they'll have to deal with the negative fallout he'll generate . . .

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ducati now has no excuse not to win future world championships but if they do lose, Lorenzo will have something else to add to his blame list.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So, Lorenzo joins. Who leaves? My bet is Dall’Igna asks Dovi if he might be more comfortable elsewhere.

·
Registered
217 Posts
We'll probably find out after the 2016 series. Now that Ducati has Lorenzo, guess they won't be pushing Stoner as hard for a comeback.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I think Ducati's plan is to have Stoner behind the scenes evolving the bike and get Lorenzo to win them races. I don't think Stoner was ever willing to back in the box as a permanent fixture. Although I'm sure Ducati may have tried to make that happen. My guess is, since Lorenzo will be their guy to win races, Dovi will stay as he's more attuned to bike development and a more consistent finisher, and Iannoe will end up at Suzuki.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts