Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
WOW mate very nice in black, you will love those.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope,just need the Fgrt 214 and it's bolt on, no other parts needed

Bike really tips over easily.

It's a little stiffer than the stock ones however I'm sure they will break in in a few hundred miles

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
That's pretty awesome! Nothing better than the black box with the little gold "O" on it!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I've ridden a little today and man what a difference, it's like a new bike, the handling is really like being on rails, point and shoot.

It's just falls over so much more easily, it's a little stiffer but I'm sure it will get better with break in, still have some adjustments to do.

Dealer said to wait about 1000km before adjusting everything.

You do feel the road more such as where vehicles have passed a lot.

Bumps are better controlled.

Thanks to motion Ducati for the Ohlins front forks and steering damper.

Next mod is roto box carbon wheels.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So what have you done so far as far as mods go?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello. Thought I'd chime in w/ my experience. I have the Ohlins FGK229 NIX30 fork cartridges in front and the Ohlins DU361 TTX GP shock in back. My bike is aggressive street only, no track, no race. I weigh 130lbs no gear. I'm running 8.5nm fork springs. In terms of the fork valving, the stock c4r3 was way too stiff. Ended up going down to the most minimum Ohlins setting bank of C1R1. Still too stiff. Had my Ohlins tuner do his own valve 'tune' and remove a shim/s and now I'm below C1R1 and the valving is perfect for what I do, which is mainly aggressive canyon riding on less than perfect roads and at speeds from 30-65mph. I believe I have my comp set at 10 clicks and rebound at 9 clicks, close to the middle recommended setting of 12 for each. Perfect. Of course, if I'm really carving aggressively at higher speeds on less than perfect roads, I'll slightly feel the limitation of the light fork springs and valving, but not a big deal. In the rear, I'm running a 7.0nm spring at C5R3 valving. Stock was C5R5. And compression was too stiff. I believe I'm right at 16 clicks for compression and 18 for rebound, or the other way around, can't remember, which works perfect for me, and is consequently what's recommended in the manual. With the 7.5nm shock spring on, the bike just wouldn't steer with my weight. The 7.0nm spring, for me, did wonders, night and day. I'm very happy with the way things are. I wouldn't change a click in either direction, comp or rebound, front or back. I'm running pretty stock geometry front and back w/ recommended sag settings. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts