Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

So today I upgraded the rear shock on my 959 to an ohlins ttx that came off a 2016 pani 1299s that was purchased of a member on the Ducati 1299 forum

I sent the shock out to rmr suspensions to remove the electronics and install manual adjusters.

I searched all the forums on a how to to install this and not many hits came up.

Seemed complicated and then I found one on YouTube and he used a car jack to hold up the rear. I even called a couple of shops who both quoted over 1 hour up to 2.5 to install the shock.

I decided to do this myself with the car jack and it literally took less than 10 minutes to install.

Take off the old and put back the same way.

2 bolts and torque to spec and voila

She's a lot stiffer now and the bike just falls into corners and curves especially when avoiding pot holes.

It really transformed the bike and makes it more enjoyable to ride.

I definitely recomend this upgrade.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Great to hear you feel positive results! I have one on my list... Q1 next year for sure! What'd you pay total for the shock and revalve?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The revalve cost 350.00 Canadian with all the parts, labour and shipping, I pick up the shock for about 475.00 Canadian after the exchange.

And the installation was free :)

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Definitely a nice upgrade!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't think it would make that much of a difference in handling, I'm 190 lbs with equipment and the shock is just perfect.

Yes it's stiffer than the Oem shock.

The bikes seems smoother yet it is stiffer but we'll see in the next 2000 km

The ride height is the same as the stock.

It just rolls when you pitch the bike over being more telepathic.

When accelerating I feel that it's gripping better if that makes any sense.

So now I'm looking into getting the front ohlins nix 30 inserts to fine tune it even more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts