Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As someone already posted, So Cal was extremely windy on Saturday (as if that had to do anything with my fall,,) I was excited to get on the bike for Saturday morning ride even though I was suffering from backpain throughout the week. I got on the bike, trying to ignore the backpain, believing that after the ride, the pain will magically go away. Wrong,!! On my first stop, as I let go of the handle bar, trying to sit up straight, I had this enormous pain cutting through the left backside, I helplessly went down. Lucky I had the Trex slider kits installed a couple of weeks ago. My left mirror is gone, and I just ordered mirror block-off led signals on ebay. I just got back from acupuncture treatment but my pride is still hurting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey man, sorry to hear about this but you fared really well! Congrats on dropping with such minimal damage. I dropped my Monster moving it in the garage once and it did more damage. I hope you're back situation improves soon.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I just got back from acupuncture treatment but my pride is still hurting.
You're bike will be fine. We're more concerned here about your back and wish it to be on the mend ASAP.

Reactions: realflight77

·
Registered
173 Posts
Glad you are ok 1st off. Not my saying, but there are two types of riders. Those that have gone down and those that will go down.

If you ordered the block offs you will likely be ordering new bar ends. If you need a new factory bar end post it here. I just replaced the one on my wife's 959. Glad you are ok, and the bike is repairable.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Glad you are ok 1st off. Not my saying, but there are two types of riders. Those that have gone down and those that will go down.
Heard about that a lot and with riding its very true and holds true in many areas of life, it's that experience that gets you to think what you have to do differently, sucks but at least in this case it didn't get worse.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bike can be fixed; glad you're okay. I know how you feel. I had the itch to ride last Sunday (Ortega to Elsinore and up the 15). But it was just too windy and thus dangerous.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey man, happy to hear you're mostly unscathed and minor damage to your bike! Lady luck was on your side for this one

·
Registered
217 Posts
Good thing you installed the sliders before this happened or it could have been worse. Glad the only thing hurting is your pride now and nothing else. Hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I have all of that kit on my 959 (R and G sliders and axle protectors). Nice to see it all works.
I finally bite the bullet and purchased the R&G's also but are yet to arrive. Are they symmetrical from side to side? Have you posted photos?

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I've got the nrc block offs. They look horrendous but options with signals are so limited.

My CRG arrow mirror is wayyyy more stable and functional than stock

1 - 17 of 17 Posts