Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only ever owned ducati since I started riding about 15 years ago. I sold my 899 Pani last december for financial reasons, bought a '15 Triumph Daytona this past spring.. and while i loved the smoothness and power from it, it just wasn't the same, so last week i traded it back in, and pcked up a demo 959! I instantly feel so much more confident on it, than i did the Daytona. Had a couple issues, questions.. so feel free to answer if anyone has the answer to them. 1. I noticed this bike compared to my 899 has a lot more vibration, throughout the entire bike.. hands, feet, seat etc... and also sounds a lot more 'tinny' than my 899 did, where i've been reading this bike was supposed to have less engine noise than the previous version. Thoughts? 2. I also have been reading that it was supposed to be less boggy in low gear, riding in traffic.. this one seems like it's gonna stall out more than my 899 did... feels chuggy.. even on a steady throttle it seems like it keeps jumping back and forth , almost like fuel is being shot in, then none.. hard to explain, but that's how it feels. 3. I purchased the ducati OEM tail tidy.. and it's a piece of ****! It doesn't fit properly, seems loose, and is also seems like it's missing a bottom portion to enclose the exposed wires. On the underside of the new tail, the wires just hang out, there's no part that came with the kit that would cover it up, not only that, when i get the integrated tail light in, there will be open holes where the old tail lights go in the tail tidy... just seems like it's completely unfinished from my perspective. if anyone has any thoughts for me, i'd love to hear them. All that aside, i'm super happy to be back on the sexiest bike on the street!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Welcome back to Ducati and congrats on the grab of a 959!

1- I had to change the grips because of the vibes in the bars, made a world of difference and they're practically gone. I changed the bar ends too. My bike has roughly 1200 miles now and has the typical throaty loud growl when I twist the throttle - no "tinny" noise here

2- The bike definitely doesn't like going slow - it's a Major Chore trying to go less than 15mph. 15-30 is a Pain. 30-50 is Nice. Above 50 is where it loves being. I have the Throttle Spacer installed which gives it laser precision.

3- I'm waiting for Competition Werkes to complete their kit for the 959 - they have to redesign what they have so we're probably looking at 5-6 weeks out

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Welcome

I'm aware of the "tinny" noise you speak of, I hear it when I'm 4-5 gear cruising around 4-5k. I don't care for it but it is what it is...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What grips and bar ends did you go with? just got the first service done, and some of the 'tinny' noise is gone, beginning to sound more like my 899 which makes me happy.

·
487 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your 959.

Check out the NRC tail tidy kit and the Domino XM2 grips. We offer forum members a forum discount check out our signature to view the currently active discount code.

NRC Tail Tidy > https://www.motomillion.com/collections/ducati-panigale-899-1199-959-1299/products/nrc-ducati-959-1299-panigale-fender-eliminator-kit

Domino XM2 Grips > https://www.motomillion.com/collections/ducati-panigale-899-1199-959-1299/products/domino-xm2-dual-compound-road-grips

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can speak from experience, we have both an 899 and 959 in the garage.

1: I have not noticed any discernible difference in vibration between the two. As far as 'tinny' is concerned, the exhaust on the 959 is different, mostly 1299 exhaust and it's 1db quieter. It does sound a little tinny as such. The engine in the 959 is significantly quieter, the difference is insane. You can barely speak over the clatter of an 899 motor running, it's just night and day.

2: I haven't experienced this chuggy feeling, in fact the throttle is much improved than the 899. The 959 does not need spacers, the 899 it's a must do mod.

3: I just went and checked my tail tidy (OEM), you must be missing the cover underneath as there are no exposed wires and it fits ok.

Honestly, you've spent time off a Duc and on a super smooth Trumpy. I reckon it's your mind playing games.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts